We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time in Naxos - Tour Recommendations

Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
First Time in Naxos - Tour Recommendations

We will be staying in Naxos for 4 nights in early September -

intend to tour interior of Naxos for one day -

for one day we were interested in planning an excursion - understand that there are one day tours to Paros and Noussa - will be with wife and daughter who love to shop and have nice venues for dining -

or would a boat excursion to the small islands around Naxos

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom Sheridan

Spydeberg, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
24,067 posts
43 reviews
112 helpful votes
1. Re: First Time in Naxos - Tour Recommendations

For interior tour get in touch with Naxos Sun Holidays in Agios Prokopios. They will customise a tour for you based on your preferences.

http://www.naxossun.gr/tours-adventures.html

Other day excursions for surrounding islands:

greeka.com/cyclades/…naxos-tours.htm

Hope this helps - enjoy your visit to Naxos.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: First Time in Naxos - Tour Recommendations

Definately visit Naousa in Paros island for great stylish shopping for the ladies and great dinning for all of you.

No need to visit Paroikia as well in paros, Naousa is more than enough and way more picturesque considering you time limitation. .

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
5,292 posts
217 reviews
197 helpful votes
3. Re: First Time in Naxos - Tour Recommendations

If you are in Naxos for only 4 nights, stay in Naxos. For organized tours, look up http://www.naxostours.net/ It is also worth renting a car and drive on your own. Car renters like http://www.funcarandrides.com/ will give you great advice on what to see. You find a lot of shopping opportunities in Naxos old town and in the villages.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
5,853 posts
129 reviews
84 helpful votes
4. Re: First Time in Naxos - Tour Recommendations

I totally agree with Periscope. Stay in Naxos. Your 4 days on Naxos will flash by. Why use one of your days to go to another island when you will still have lots more to see on Naxos.

The Trip around Naxos album was taken over a three day driving tour of Naxos.

Naxos Town flickr.com/photos/…

Trip around Naxos flickr.com/photos/…

concord nh
Level Contributor
4,611 posts
57 reviews
44 helpful votes
5. Re: First Time in Naxos - Tour Recommendations

I also agree it would be better to stay on Naxos for your time. Naxos is one of the best of the Greek Islands with a good combination of Old & New World Greece. There are tours if you feel that would be more convenient and less stress but renting a car for a day or two will give you far more opportunities to see more of the island and to stop whenever and wherever you want, especially some of the mountain villages which are lovely. There are many Byzantine Churches to visit, walking, hiking, archeological sites and so much more.

Stanbr's photos are great and give you a wonderful idea of what to expect! They also bring back a lot of memories.

Edited: 04 August 2016, 13:20
Hammond, Louisiana
Level Contributor
30 posts
99 reviews
39 helpful votes
6. Re: First Time in Naxos - Tour Recommendations

Thanks to Stan: Your pictures of Naxos are amazing! Thanks for sharing, my husband and I will be going there in October for 5 nights.

Edited: 06 August 2016, 15:25
concord nh
Level Contributor
4,611 posts
57 reviews
44 helpful votes
7. Re: First Time in Naxos - Tour Recommendations

You'll love your time in Naxos during October. We always go to Greece at that time of year, when the prices are lower, tourism is less and weather still lovely.

Naxos is one of the best of the Greek Islands. It doesn't depend on tourism to make a go of it and you''ll find plenty of tavernas, shops, markets and other businesses open to give you a real Greek Experience rather than a tourist experience.

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
205 posts
8. Re: First Time in Naxos - Tour Recommendations

Stanbr....I love your tour around Naxos pictures. Can you tell me the names of the places you visited for these great photo? How did you fine these places? A specific map, etc? Thank you!

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
5,292 posts
217 reviews
197 helpful votes
9. Re: First Time in Naxos - Tour Recommendations

Melinda, I think you are asking Stanbr for a very time-consuming job. Many of his pics are already titled with the names of the places where they are taken. Search them up on google maps. Do also take a look at http://www.naxos.gr/en/

Another advice is to buy the book "Discover the Hidden Naxos" by Stuart Thorpe. He gives some great insider advice. http://www.hiddennaxos.com/

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
205 posts
10. Re: First Time in Naxos - Tour Recommendations

Thank you Periscope. I have no concept of the size of the island....so didn't realize it would be such a big job. Thank you for letting me know and also for the book suggestion!!

Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town
Recent Conversations