We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Travel

Whoa. Nobody on this forum way down here. I'm lonely. :)

Seriously, I'll be finishing up a vacation in Amalfi. I have to go to Vibo Marina for business, then return to Florence.

The business I'm visiting will require a car, but it's like a 9 hour drive to get back to Florence. I'll be traveling with my wife, I'd rather take the train, I think.

What do you recommend? Assuming, of course, anybody reads this forum. :)

Dublin...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel

Hi,

I would recommend you to book a flight from Lamezia Terme airport (which is close to Vibo) to Pisa which is a nearby town to Florence (www.ryanair.com).

Or either you can take the train but there is no direct train from Vibo to Florence...it means that you have to change train (I am sure in Rome or Naples). Taking the High Speed train it takes about 4 hours to get into Rome (65€), with the normal second class train it takes around 5hr. Then from Rome to Florence by taking the High Speed train it takes 1 and half hr ( 44€)...with the normal train it takes 3/4 hours (around 20€).

More or less by train or car it takes the same time...with the High Speed train you can travel confortable, but you have to consider the train connection (in Rome or maybe Naples).

If I was you I would probably fly from Lamezia to Pisa and then rent a car in Pisa...the flights are usually cheap with ryanair.

Good luck!

If you need anything else related to this let me know

2. Re: Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Vibo Valentia
More Vibo Valentia Topics