We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camp de Mar hotel Majorca

Which Camp De Mar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shoreham-by-Sea...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Camp de Mar hotel Majorca

Hi I am going to this hotel on May 19th 2012. I know the hotel is being refurbished over the winter does anyone know which date is the hotel actually opening for this summer. Or is anyone booked in before this date Thanks in advance . Cheers Jane

wirral
Level Contributor
18,918 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camp de Mar hotel Majorca

Thomson are taking bookings for this hotel for dates commencing 1 May 2012.Many Majorcan hotels that have been closed for the winter open on 1 May.

Shoreham-by-Sea...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camp de Mar hotel Majorca

Hi Wirral Scouse, Thanks for your quick reply. They should have sorted themselves out by the time I get there on the 19th. Never been to Majorca looking forward to it. I am not with Thomsons but a smaller company who do not start till 19th. Many Thanks Jane

Edited: 25 March 2012, 16:58
wirral
Level Contributor
18,918 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camp de Mar hotel Majorca

You're welcome.Thomson are the largest tour operator using this hotel if it is Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar.There are 2 hotels with Camp de Mar in their lengthy names! As it is your first holiday in Majorca you might like to know this is one beautiful beach.The resort is a bit isolated but there is a bus service to Santa Ponsa if you fancy a change of scene.

Edited: 25 March 2012, 17:12
Shoreham-by-Sea...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camp de Mar hotel Majorca

Hi I think H10 has now got the hotel. I am going with a single travelers holiday firm called Friendship Travel. This does not mean all of us are single but we are all travelling alone.The reason I booked it was the beach.. I also checked up on the buses as I like to go out and about myself and not go on tours. At the moment there are 12 of us so in the evening we will hire taxis to return back to the hotel (not keen on hotel entertainment). I will being going to your suggestion of Santa Ponsa. I have been going with Friendship travel for many years and the night life is always brilliant. They sort out any problems as we always have a host to guide when needed but they do not push tours etc at you.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camp de Mar hotel Majorca

Paguera - nearer to CDM than Santa Ponsa - is also a good nighttime destination - and has good beaches for daytime sunbathing.

Edited: 26 March 2012, 02:03
wirral
Level Contributor
18,918 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camp de Mar hotel Majorca

If you are in a H10 hotel you are in H10 Lido not Hotel Playa Camp de Mar (which doesn't major on singles holidays).Still the same resort though.Have a great time all of you.That H10 hotel is taking bookings from 5 May 2012.

Edited: 26 March 2012, 04:27
Shoreham-by-Sea...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Camp de Mar hotel Majorca

Thank you Campo lady I am sure we will give Paguera a go

Shoreham-by-Sea...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Camp de Mar hotel Majorca

Hi Wiral Scouse, The hotel I am going to is on the camp de mar beach. It has been bought by H10 over the winter and refurbished. It will be an adult only hotel.The address is Carmine de salinas 8 camp de mar. Hope it is the H10 you are talking . Cheers Jane

Birmingham
Level Contributor
73 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Camp de Mar hotel Majorca

Hiya!

I've been to Camp de Mar many times with my parents but was interested to see you're going with Friendship Travel. I'm on my own and was wondering about using them. Have you travelled with them before etc?

Camp de Mar is wonderful, all the hotels are of high quality so I wouldn't worry where you are staying. We stay at the Grupotel Camp de Mar.

But I'm interested in travelling alone so any information on travelling alone would be great.

Thank you in advance!

Shoreham-by-Sea...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Camp de Mar hotel Majorca

Hi Sfrums, I have been travelling with Friendship travel for many years they are absolutely brilliant. What they say in the brochure is exactly what you get. As everyone is on their own we always have great fun. In the day time people split up into maybe a beach group , off on a trip or do your own thing by yourself if that is what you want.. In the evening we all join up for dinner. After those who want to go out together. The company has always shown great attention to detail. What sort have thing did you want to ask about. Thank you for your info on Camp de Mar. Cheers Jane

Get answers to your questions about Camp De Mar