We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ivan's Guest House

Elgin, Illinois
Level Contributor
327 posts
16 reviews
Ivan's Guest House

Hubby and I are planning a return trip to Jost next February and we are looking into rooms. Previously we stayed at White Bay Villas, which were very nice, but we are looking for someplace different this time. Has anyone stayed at the Ivan's new Guesthouse? I didn't see any reviews on the guesthouse, just the cabins.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
112 reviews
1. Re: Ivan's Guest House

We were at another place on JVD, but our friends stayed in the efficiency unit on the lower level of the Guesthouse and had a pleasant stay. I don't know if it is still the policy, but at that time, the guesthouse only rented by the week, and we were only on JVD for 3 nights. It looks like a very good place to stay, just a short walk up the hill above the campground. Here is a playlist of JVD videos www.youtube.com/playlist…

Have a great trip, alashas

Level Contributor
101 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Ivan's Guest House

We stayed with Mrs Ivy at Seacreast Inn in January. We wer treated so nice I would recommend it to everyone!

Level Contributor
101 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Ivan's Guest House

We stay with Mrs Ivy at Seacreast Inn and were treated so nice. We would stay there again with no problems. It is close enough to walk to everything in Great Habour.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Ivan's Guest House

We have stayed in Ivan's downstairs efficiency unit. It is small with fridge, microwave, double bed and bath. However, the upstairs is gorgeous with beautiful views and 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. He also has another home with upstairs and downstair units which are beautiful as they let us tour them! Gorgeous and my FAVORITE place to stay in the BVI's.

Level Contributor
32 posts
72 reviews
5. Re: Ivan's Guest House

Has anyone seen the "Sea Mist" room at Ivan's? There is a post here about Sea Crest... Itis cheaper than Ivan's Sea Mist room, any idea what the big difference is? Is there enough to do on Jost to stay a week? We are beach bums, yes, but also like to walk a lot and see things. From what I can see online, the beach in front of Ivan's is pretty great whereas Sea Crest overlooks a harbor. I would appreciate any details anyone might have! We are excited to try to visit JVD!

Level Contributor
101 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: Ivan's Guest House

We loved Sea Creast because we could sit on balcony and watch a lot of people. We could walk around day or night and felt comfortable. At night on White Bay Side it pretty much shut down at night unless something special was going on. We have stayed there twice for a week and loved it. Take a taxi to White Bay during the day, no problem.

Level Contributor
32 posts
72 reviews
7. Re: Ivan's Guest House

Thanks for the info, but I asked mostly about Ivan's!!

Level Contributor
101 posts
59 reviews
8. Re: Ivan's Guest House

Ivan's is on White Bay Side, sorry if it didn't help.

Level Contributor
32 posts
72 reviews
9. Re: Ivan's Guest House

Did you ever hear anything about Ivan's guest house? I got a quote of $150 per night for The Sea Mist room....it doesn't have ANY view of the water AT ALL and I we thinking that was pricey. I have posted about the rooms and heard nothing!

Level Contributor
32 posts
72 reviews
10. Re: Ivan's Guest House

To Riverlivin...

You said you stayed in the "downstairs efficiency unit". Is that The Sea Mist unit? Did it have anywhere at all you could sit outside and enjoy a view of the water?

Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Jost Van Dyke
Recent Conversations