We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo Coco Excursions

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Cayo Coco Excursions

I'm traveling to Cayo Coco in May/June and looking to do some excursions on my holiday. I really wanted to do the Pilar Beach excursion. Does anyone know how you get there? Is it by bus or boat? Is it easy to take a taxi there if I didn't want to do the excursion?

london
Level Contributor
71 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayo Coco Excursions

Hi

There is a bus that pick up from the hotels and goes to Pilar beach, It's costs 10CUC per person.

We stayed at the Melia in Cayo Coco and it left at 8am,9am and 11am.

It is about an hour by bus.

I would think it's quite expensive by Taxi, unless there are 4 of you to split the cost.

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
131 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayo Coco Excursions

Is it not 5CUC per person for the return trip? I'm sure that's what I paid last month.

london
Level Contributor
71 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayo Coco Excursions

Sorry, I meant 10 CUC return per couple.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayo Coco Excursions

does a bus come daily or only certain days?

london
Level Contributor
71 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayo Coco Excursions

The Bus comes every day.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cayo Coco Excursions

The double decker bus to Pilar Beach is 5.00 CUC per person return, it runs daily several times a day to and from your hotel.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cayo Coco Excursions

thanks! :)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cayo Coco Excursions

We found the pilar beach to be hyped up and overpriced. Honestly the beach was the same as at the resort, you pay for food and drink AND beach chairs! We left after 1/2 an hour ;)

I couldn't find excursions on here prior to leaving but there are a TON. We did scuba and the powerboat/snorkelling as well as pilar. Also offered were an overnight to swim with dolphins, overnight to havana, several multi packages with trips to town, cigar, train etc and jeep tours-there's tons to do but I would suggest skipping pilar ;)

9. Re: Cayo Coco Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 10:17