We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamingo Hotel

Nottingham
Level Contributor
912 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Flamingo Hotel

Hi, Has anyone got any news on the state of the new hotel being built on Flamingo beach?

Ray

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamingo Hotel

Where??

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamingo Hotel

It seems very large and I saw cranes there but I am not certain when it will be officially opened. I am certain that it will be several months since it is only in the construction phase, although several buildings were clearly already completed.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flamingo Hotel

Gloria023: Where is this happening exactly?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flamingo Hotel

Part of Flamingo Beach on Cayo Coco. It is terrible since it is a pristine area of Cayo Coco. A hotel is also going to be built on Cayo Paredon Grande.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flamingo Hotel

Thanks for the info .. I did not know this..

Tring, United...
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flamingo Hotel

there is also plans for one on playa prohibita , playa pilar and somewhere on cayo ramano

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
300 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flamingo Hotel

This new hotel is on the other side of the Blue Bay. Maybe 500 meters down the beach. When I was at the Blue Bay 2 years ago, they had some cranes etc. there and were just breaking ground. The manager at the Blue Bay told me it would be huge and would eventually be divided into 2 and one side sold off, just like they did years ago to the Blau and Tryp, which at one time were the same hotel. Basically like the Iberostar Cayo Coco and Hotel La Laguna. When it was the NH Krystal it operated like 2 different hotels ( Emperador and Laguna ). According to the Blue Bay manager, the Flamingo will have not only a regular pool but also a sea salt water pool. I think the Blau has one now also but they didn't when I stayed there 4 years ago. If you are standing on the beach at the Blue Bay, the Flamingo is on your right if you're facing the ocean. Probably be a good 2 years before we see it open. Should be nice. Right now it's being built and is owned by the Cuban gov'ts Gaviota.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Flamingo Hotel

'I think the Blau has one now'.....

The Blau always had a swimup salt water pool, it was not in use for a few years when that side of the resort was under renovations. The salt water pool at the Blau is not new, I used it in 2002 my first trip there when it was all under the name of Tryp.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
912 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flamingo Hotel

Hi,

Thanks for all of the replies

Some years ago we watched the new theatre being built at the SRLM, after three years we asked when it was likely to be finished, to which one of the builders replied.

"This is Cuba.We know when things start, but never when they finish"!

Lytham St Annes
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flamingo Hotel

Just came back from The Melia Cayo Co Co today and can assure you the Flamingo will be open in January 2012. Not sure which operator will feature it as Thomas Cook is not as yet. Supposed to be lovely. Be worth looking at.

Jane

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco