We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing Optional at Melia Cayo Coco??

montreal, qc
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Clothing Optional at Melia Cayo Coco??

Does anyone know if there is a clothing optional area at the Melia Cayo Coco?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
99,751 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing Optional at Melia Cayo Coco??

As far as I am aware the beach at Cayo Coco is not clothing optional. Topless is accepted but not total nudity.

The only beaches in Cuba where there are sections of beaches that are clothing optional are at Cayo Largo and Cayo Santa Maria.

montreal, qc
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothing Optional at Melia Cayo Coco??

Thank you:)

Carleton Place...
Level Contributor
841 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothing Optional at Melia Cayo Coco??

The whole week I was there only one person was topless one time...not very accepted...everyone else was not happy about it.

Oshawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothing Optional at Melia Cayo Coco??

Walk around(through) the point to the west - on the beach for Laguna where the lagoon empties into the ocean , we saw many topless women(and men!!). No one seemed to mind either group. Security was very accepting of the practice.

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothing Optional at Melia Cayo Coco??

Cayo Ensenachos is also clothing optional. Topless sunbathing is acceptable in Cayo Coco and Guillermo, makes it easier when more Sisters are doing it.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothing Optional at Melia Cayo Coco??

Topless is accepted and not frowned upon despite what some up tight people may lead you to believe. There are plenty of Europeans and Canadians that go topless and many that don't who don't have a problem with it. You're in a different country where you will see and experience different things. If you don't like seeing topless women then stay home or go to Florida.

Cheers,

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clothing Optional at Melia Cayo Coco??

NewBrunswickChuck, even in Florida, there are places where women can go topless, apparently.

Just as a point of interest, topless was prohibited for men on Bondi beach in OZ up until some time in the 1920's. It really surprises me that there are still a few people around that seem to be uptight about female toplessness.

I remember when there was that big kerfuffle in Guelph several years ago, my dear old Mum said something along the lines of "Of course women shouldn't go topless, Their chests are different than men's chests."

I didn't win any points when I said "But that means that men's chests are different than women's chests, so how come it isn't the men that aren't allowed to go topless?"

Now, keep in mind that I am of such an advanced age that when my Mum was young, the sight af a lady's ankle was likely to make a young man swoon, so I put it down mostly to a generational thing. But then when the bikini first came out, it was pretty scandalous too.

I think that really in this day and age, there aren't many people that are shocked by topless women on the beach. Most swimming suits leave so little to the imagination, I just don't see much point in them even bothering with the top. It's all pretty silly, because the only bits that are showing when a woman goes topless are the bits that men have too.

montreal, qc
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Clothing Optional at Melia Cayo Coco??

This is getting quite comical!! Thanks for the funny comments...I feel if people are discreet and go off somewhere that is not too crowded then why not!! I have been to Cayo Largo and Cayo Ensenachos and it was great:)

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clothing Optional at Melia Cayo Coco??

Why be discreet? Topless is allowed so why sneak off to a secluded spot? It is a funny topic in this day and age but here we are discussing it. Let'em hang out ladies and if you get unwanted comments or stares it's only because they are jealous.

Chuck

montreal, qc
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Clothing Optional at Melia Cayo Coco??

Haha!! I suppose you're right NewBrunswickC!! Although I like my privacy, I prefer to stay away from those that judge:)......not that I really care!!lol My husband and I like to go to quiet spots on the beach..to read and listen to the ocean.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco