We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Playa Coco (Sirenis formely)

PEI
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Playa Coco (Sirenis formely)

Can anyone tell me where the cameleon section is at this hotel?

Do ground floor patio's have space between rooms?

Is the money exchange open after 9Pm so I can exchange our money?

Any info I would appreciate..

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Playa Coco (Sirenis formely)

We are going in a week so I can't help with most of your questions but I'd like to make a suggestion regarding the money exchange.

You will get a better exchange rate by changing your money at the airport cadeca. It is located outside, just on the left as you're exiting the airport. If you have trouble finding it, ask someone at the airport or a tour rep.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
9,025 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Playa Coco (Sirenis formely)

Actually you have to be VERY careful at the Airport Cadeca as they WILL try to rip you off on the exchange rate , trust me !

The exchange cadeca at the resort will be closed at 9pm.

The cadeca at the resort does not give the proper exchange either it's not a big deal unless you are changing a lot of money, it's best to use your CC for excursions or cigars and rum purchases in spite of what some people including the Cuban workers tell you there is NO additional charges for using a credit card it works out to be the best exchange rate you can possibly get by buying with your CC.

LENNY

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Playa Coco (Sirenis formely)

Lenny,

I have used the airport cadeca in the past without problems. Any advice on the way they try to scam you?

I always ask for a printed receipt, count and recount cash out and in and have an estimation of what I should be getting in CUC for what I want exchanged.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
9,025 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Playa Coco (Sirenis formely)

Every time I use the Cadeca at the airport I always ask first how many CUC's for $100 Cnd and am always always told an amount much less than what it should be. If you don't mind getting ripped for a few % points it's no big deal I usually change just a bit there and then change my money at the bank BUT I change a lot.

The main reason I check at the airport and all the other resorts I visit is mainly to report back here to Cubajacks thread on money.

Unless you got $95 CUC for your $100 Cnd recently you were ripped.

LENNY

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Playa Coco (Sirenis formely)

I just meant that what I got from them is what I expected... a few % worse than the posted exchange rates.

Can't be worse than at the resort, I'm only going for 4 days this go so running to a Cuban bank isn't worth it :)

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Playa Coco (Sirenis formely)

re money. we were at this resort of too many names on nov26 to dec3 after the cadeca is closed you could exchange money with frt desk ,the same rate albeit still a rip . have a good time and bus to pilar beach was pretty cheap cant remember how much.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Playa Coco (Sirenis formely)

i just got back today, you can exchange money at the resort the exchange rate wast bad but not as good as the airport. if the bank isnt open you can exchange it at the front desk anytime of the day. our group had 60 people and we were all cameleon select and we were spread out all over the hotel. the ground floor do have patios and are fairly close to each other.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Playa Coco (Sirenis formely)

What kind of exchange rates are people getting? 93-94 CUC per $100 Canadian?

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Playa Coco (Sirenis formely)

on saturday and sunday the exchange rate was pretty bad, i think we got 79 pesos for $100 Canadian, but during the week we got 88 pesos for $100 Canadian, however at the airport yesterday i just exchanged $20 Canadian for food and such and i got 18.50 pesos.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Playa Coco (Sirenis formely)

also for excursions and such i would pay with credit card, the exchange rate was much better, our $75 catamaran cost $77 canadian as opposed to changing over 75 Canadian and only getting 50 pesos.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco