We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ciego de Avila Tigres (baseball game)

Winnipeg
1 post
Ciego de Avila Tigres (baseball game)

I am staying at the Tryp Cayo Coco from December 8-15 and was hoping to see a baseball game in Ciego de Avila. None of the travel websites have any information on excursions to baseball games. How do I go about booking a trip to Ciego de Avila from the hotel to a see a game? Do the tour operators offer any packages on site?

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
10,204 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Ciego de Avila Tigres (baseball game)

Only Sunwing . Just see the on site rep or call the office from the front desk and speak to the lady that works in the main office ( Milene )

LENNY

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,987 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Ciego de Avila Tigres (baseball game)

Hey there RC

The Tigres are at home to the Cienfuegos Elephantes Dec. 8th - 12th

There is a "big as an Elephant" first baseman for Cienfuegos. He was one of the Home run kings of the league last year. (Pito Abreu)

The next series starts on the 14th with the Villa Clara Naranjas. These 2 teams pretty much can't stand each other. Makes for a great atmosphere at the stadium.

Not sure if you know this, but the baseballdecuba.com site shows a partial schedule.

As Lenny mentioned, check with the Sunwing Rep at the resort. You do not have to be booked on your vacation with Sunwing in order to go on the Baseball excursion.

We've rented a car and went to town for the day. You can split the cost with some others and go with a hotel staff member, that works too.

Have a great time in Cuba!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
560 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Ciego de Avila Tigres (baseball game)

I went last year to see a baseball game. all the reps will book you on the baseball. it is not bad for the price a bus ride in to town, a lunch, a tour of the ciy with some free time and then to the baseball game. I was disappointed we were separate from the Cuban people by a chain fence. However, you can buy beer at the game for 1 or 2 CUCS. The tour guide was great as we wanted some Cuban food they were selling in the stands and he got the guy over and we bought some. it was great experience.

However, please remember this is not MLB.. No changing of balls after it goes in the dirt.. The field is not pristne like MLB. But I had a great experience and would do it again

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
10,204 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Ciego de Avila Tigres (baseball game)

There is nothing to stop you from sitting in the regular seats where I do instead of the Yuma section where you are like a monkey in a cage with all the locals looking at you. jejeje

LENNY

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
1 review
5. Re: Ciego de Avila Tigres (baseball game)

This sounds interesting. How far away is that from Memories Flamenco? We will be there Nov 30 - Dec 6. Is there a game on then?

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
10,204 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Ciego de Avila Tigres (baseball game)

Matanzas is in town but you will only have the 5th to see them , as I wouldn't want to risk a game on departure day ! jejeje

Ask your Sunwing rep when you arrive.

LENNY

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,987 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Ciego de Avila Tigres (baseball game)

"Monkey in a cage"!

Same for me Lenny, We Like to sit where ever.

One time my friend cozied up to this old Cubano who was using his newspaper as a Sun umbrella. My buddy was almost in his lap. It was hilarious. The old codger would point to the field and say something in garbled spanish, Buddy would just reply Si,Si and they both would laugh their heads off.

He didn't have a clue what he was saying. Just wanted some of his Shade.

Got a video of a Grand Slam by the Tigres over the Naranjas to win the game.

The Place went Bonkers!

Hamilton
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Ciego de Avila Tigres (baseball game)

I will be heading to Cayo Coco April 11-25 and am wanting to see Ciego de Avila baseball game. Wondering if anyone has any idea if they are still playing and/or will be at that time. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
10,204 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Ciego de Avila Tigres (baseball game)

There is a good chance of that happening as the play offs will be in progress . We should see a schedule soon now that Cuba has been knocked out of the World Baseball Classic !

See any Sunwing rep or send me a pm and I'll give you a name and number of the best baseball guide available that will even introduce you to the players and give you a tour of Ciego.

LENNY

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
34 reviews
10. Re: Ciego de Avila Tigres (baseball game)

hey lenny sent you a pm, sure would like to get some of this info about catching a baseball game in cuba

thx in advance