We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Block Hotel (formerly Hotel Luca)

Victoria, British...
10 posts
Save Topic
North Block Hotel (formerly Hotel Luca)

My wife and I are visiting Napa in early May and will be staying for 5 days. We plan on the usual touring wineries, golfing, spas, lounging by the pool, hiking and eating. We will have a car but will try to drive as little as possible.

We are seriously considering staying at the North Block Hotel, formerly Luca Hotel, in Yountville. Can someone give me a firsthand account of what we can expect at this hotel and if it's suitable for a 4 night stay, for the activities I've listed above?

I'm asking specifically because the name has changed recently and I'm not sure if older reviews can be counted on. Thank you so much in advance!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,209 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Block Hotel (formerly Hotel Luca)

The hotel has not changed. It's one of the smaller hotels in Yountville. There's a new restaurant there, Redd Wood but there are many other restaurants within a few minutes walk. It's a great location for doing the things you want to do. I would imagine the reviews about Hotel Luca would still be accurate.

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Block Hotel (formerly Hotel Luca)

I recently hosted business colleagues from Atlanta at the new Redd Wood restaurant for lunch, and overall, was pleased with the meal and the service. The hotel looked virtually the same as prior visits -- from the outside -- but I'm uncertain if there's been a change in management.

It's a very nice property, well-located, with an attractive upscale, boutique atmosphere.

Edited: 03 April 2012, 20:01
Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,209 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Block Hotel (formerly Hotel Luca)

The hotel, spa, and restaurant is now being managed by the Solage Group which also owns Redd and is in turn owned by Auberge Resorts. When we dined at Redd Wood a couple of weeks ago, we walked around the hotel and didn't notice any changes from before.

4. Re: North Block Hotel (formerly Hotel Luca)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 22:17