We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week in Sunshine coast hinterland in April"

Townsville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Week in Sunshine coast hinterland in April"

Hi we are considering spending a few days in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland in early April. It is my birthday and we have chosen this as somewhere central for my family in Brisbane and Hervey Bay to travel to. We were thinking of staying at Mapleton at the Lilyponds Holiday Park as it seems close to town for us to walk in for lunch and offers a variety of accomodation so we can all be close but not on top of each other, one brother has a camper and my parents have a van. The only review I can find is fairly mediocre. Can anyone else give me some more feedback on what it is like, or ideas of other places to stay that could accomodate couples and families with small children. I am keen to visit the Eumundi Markets and some of the local cheeseries and markets while we are there. Any suggestions would be welcomed as I am not really familiar with that area but it seems to have a variety of activities and looks beautiful. not really beach people hence choosing the hinterland. Thanks in advance for your input.

Mentioned in this post
Sunshine Coast
Sunshine Coast
Queensland, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Hervey Bay
Hervey Bay
Fraser Coast, Australia
3 replies to this topic
Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week in Sunshine coast hinterland in April"

Mapleton is really only 5 shops and a pub so perhaps further around the ridge might be a bit more holiday friendly....Maleny is a great town and usually has some event on and you could wander along to mapleton whenever you felt the need.

Mapleton, Sunshine...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Week in Sunshine coast hinterland in April"

Mapleton is easy going & layback with child & family friendly accommodation, some also pet friendly. You'll find this a great spot to stay with family & kids. Parks, shops, cafes, tavern, observatory, great walks. Easily accessed from the Bruce Hwy., only about 10-15 min.s.

About 30 min.s to Eumundi. Only 35 min.s to beaches. Nambour is only 10-15 mins from Mapleton where there's an arthouse cinema ( you can even take a beer or wine in & watch the movie), live shows & quaint theatre, great swimming pool for kids with lessons. Mapleton is only 20 min.s from Kenilworth where you'll find the cheese factory & fabulous kids park with BBQ's. Scenic drives around the hinterland & activites are all easy from Mapleton.

Edited: 07 March 2011, 07:46
Hong Kong, China
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Week in Sunshine coast hinterland in April"

Mapleton is an ideal location to explore the many attraction on the Range and is within easy reach of Eumundi, Yandina markets and the coast. We have a holiday house called Kookaburra House in Mapleton we find it incredibly relaxing up there as do our guests.

Reply to: Week in Sunshine coast hinterland in April"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mapleton
;