We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican Food or Tortilla Factories

Tucson, Arizona...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Mexican Food or Tortilla Factories

My husband and I will be relocating to Northern VA soon from AZ. This sounds silly, but I will deeply miss Mexican food. I can make most of our favorite dishes and I know that most of the ingredients are available in Virginia; however, I never have been able to master making tortillas. Is there a good tortilla factory in the vicinity?

3 replies to this topic
Springfield...
Destination Expert
for Fairfax
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
304 reviews
1. Re: Mexican Food or Tortilla Factories

It's not like the only thing that's available here is the Old El Paso brand. Northern Virginia is a very diverse area with many different cuisines represented, and you can find a variety of tortillas in the major grocery stores, which have sections that cater to the diverse population. There are also any number of Mexican and Latino grocery stores/markets. I recommend Plaza Latina and American Grocery (which has multiple locations in Northern Virginia). There are also a couple of Mexican bakeries in Manassas, for example.

As for tortilla factories, the Abuelita brand started in Herndon and is now produced in Manassas. You can find their products in local stores.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
22,504 posts
293 reviews
2. Re: Mexican Food or Tortilla Factories

Try Americana Grocery.

https://www.americanagrocery.com/index.html

SNAP Carol!

Edited: 20 November 2018, 06:29
Springfield...
Destination Expert
for Fairfax
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
304 reviews
3. Re: Mexican Food or Tortilla Factories

Yes, I meant Americana, not American.

To the OP -- I hope you'll take advantage of all the different cuisines that are available here. It's one of the best parts about living in this area.

Reply to: Mexican Food or Tortilla Factories
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Reston