We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Reston from IAD

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,533 posts
1,819 reviews
Dining in Reston from IAD

We are staying at the Hilton IAD overnight, and I wanted to ask two questions:

I have been told that we needed to cab it into Reston to have a nice dinner, but that person had no restaurant recommendations.

We enjoy fine-dining, but really good casual is OK too. We are less inclined to do chains, such as Morton's of Chicago. The cuisine is not really an issue, as we love almost anything. Budget is also not really an issue. I have poured over a few Google searches, but seem to only turn up mostly chains, or some lunch-only restaurants. A good wine list scores extra points with us. Any specific recommendations?

From the Hilton IAD, approximately what is the cab drive time to Reston, and an approximate price would be appreciated? Along those lines, should it be easy to get a cab in Reston back to the Hilton IAD?

Thanks,

Hunt

6 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,533 posts
1,819 reviews
1. Re: Dining in Reston from IAD

Skipping Google, and going with TA directly (why did I not do that initially?), I do see Passion Fish, which looks very interesting with good reviews. Sounds like that would work, but open to other suggestions, as well.

The cab questions would be beneficial, and especially the drive time, to help with reservations.

Thanks,

Hunt

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Dining in Reston from IAD

The cab ride should be 10 to 15 minutes, depending on traffic; a bit longer if you leave at the peak of rush hour on a weekday. Yellow Cab of Fairfax has a fare estimator: www.yellowcaboffairfax.com/estimate.aspx

Passion Fish is good, but a number of other places in the Reston Town Center are excellent as well. Here's a page with the dining guide: www.restontowncenter.com/restaurants.html I'd suggest you also take a look at Ted's Bulletin and il Fornaio. I've not been to the Reston location of Ted's Bulletin, but the original downtown is terrific. il Fornaio is a chain I think, but not one I'd ever eaten at prior to their opening in the Town Center. It's very good Italian.

For your cab ride home, there should always be cabs waiting at the Hyatt Hotel in the town center. If not, I'd expect the bellman there can hail one for you quickly.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,533 posts
1,819 reviews
3. Re: Dining in Reston from IAD

Warthog,

That is exactly the information that I was looking for. Time for a bit more study.

BTW - fare from the Hilton to Passion Fish shows as US $ 15 - 18.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Dining in Reston from IAD

Jackson's is in Reston Town Center and owned by the Great American Restaurants group (all in Northern Va.) and I'm a fan of their other properties. I especially love their crabcakes which they have at all their restaurants.

https:/…jacksons

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,533 posts
1,819 reviews
5. Re: Dining in Reston from IAD

Jackson's looks interesting. I had not found that on my searches.

Thank you,

Hunt

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,856 posts
235 reviews
6. Re: Dining in Reston from IAD

Reston Town Center is a nice location and can be fun for strolling around after dinner.

If you are prepared to go a little further, you might consider these two restaurants, which are in historic Leesburg, not Reston.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g57894-d13…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g57894-d49…

Reply to: Dining in Reston from IAD
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Reston