We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August concert

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
August concert

Hi,

My friend and I are going to see a concert in VA beach at the Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater. We'll be staying two nights, but neither one of us has been there before and aren't quite sure of the layout of the town. We'd like to stay on or near the beach, in walking distance of bars and restaurants. Any specific areas we should look? Is that far-ish from the concert venue?Any wineries in the area? All advice appreciated :)

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater
Veterans United Home...
55 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,046 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August concert

Looking at Google Maps, the amphitheater is about 10-12 miles from the hotels on the beach. Based on my experience with other similar venues, this could mean a congested drive both before and after the event, so plan accordingly.

There are lots of beachfront hotels along Atlantic Avenue. You may want to look for one that is centrally located near 30th Street. But if you don't mind walking or taking the VB Wave shuttle ($2 per ride or $4 per day), you can stay at either end and get anywhere along Atlantic Avenue or the Boardwalk. You'll find plenty of restaurants and bars along this stretch.

2. Re: August concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2018, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach