We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virginia in October

Philadelphia...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Virginia in October

I was thinking of honeymooning in the Virginia beach area in October. I was wondering if anyone knew what the weather is like at that time. I don't care about getting in the ocean or swimming. I just love the area and the food. I do like to go to Landing's National Park and hope to be able to go in October depending on what it feels like outside. I go every year in the spring and summer but never in October. The end of October actually. Any thoughts on weather?

Mentioned in this post
Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach
2,568 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,905 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virginia in October

Hurricane season will be over. That's good! It will be cooler but not cold. Great time to be outdoors.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
20,268 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virginia in October

October is a great time to visit Virginia Beach, as well as the rest of our beautiful State..

Mentioned in this post
Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach
2,568 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
587 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virginia in October

OP you might find this link useful -- usclimatedata.com/climate/…usva1628 .

The thing is with October around here is that the we are getting to the period where the days can still be quite warm, with an average is the low 70s, but easily tipping into the 80s. While the lows tend to be in the in the 50s while easily dropping to the 40s. Of course we are just talking averages and the past isnt an indication of the future, but you can plan for shorts and short sleeves in the day and trousers and pullovers in the evenings.

Philadelphia...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Virginia in October

Very useful. Thank you so much.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
9,121 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virginia in October

several years ago, we headed to Virginia Beach that last week of October. Rates were great! but... it was rainy and highs only in the 50s the entire week. So.... it can take a turn and be quite unpleasant. We went back and chose earlier dates after that trip :)

Mentioned in this post
Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach
2,568 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
7,036 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virginia in October

Hurricane season's official end is November 30, and there have been some severe tropical storms and hurricanes in October, Sandy was at the end of October in 2012, and Matthew was in early October 2016. That said, there are far fewer storms in October than in August or September. Just be prepared, but the likelihood is that weather will be gorgeous There is still enough going on to be enjoyable without the heat, humidity, and crowds of July and August

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virginia in October

October can be very nice. Not hot, not cold.

You can enjoy hiking, kayaking, paddleboarding, ziplines.

Enjoy!

8. Re: Virginia in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 April 2017, 10:05
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Virginia in October

The weather in October is hit or miss sometimes. Earlier in the month it can still be in the upper 80's or even 90's with lows around 40's or 50's. Usually it is comfortable during the day and just a little chilly at night.

10. Re: Virginia in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2018, 00:17