We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas town and historic triangle

Buechel, Kentucky
2 posts
Christmas town and historic triangle

We are coming to Williamsburg dec 29-Jan 1 with out 4 & 7 year old. I have a couple of questions

1. Can we do a Christmas town in one visit or would be good to get the unlimited pass since we are there for the week?

2. Any recommendations for shows ideal for 4-7 year olds? Or are they all good.

3. My 7 year old is really into history and will love all the historic sites. Im wondering how the Jamestown and Yorktown sites will be for my 4 year old. Are there activities that engage the little ones? I’m debating getting the historic triangle pass and unlimited Christmas town pass so we can come and go as we please and be flexilbke depending on weather but that is more pricey so I’m wondering if it will be worth it or if my little one will be bored and make us all miserable especially at the Jamestown and Yorktown sites.

I welcome any input.

1 reply
Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
7,221 posts
63 reviews
75 helpful votes
1. Re: Christmas town and historic triangle

1. You probably can't do it all in one visit, but you could see/do most of the highlights, shows, etc. that are of most interest for you and your family.

2. Shows are all good. This year, the younger one might like Elmo's Christmas Wish.

3. For Jamestown, Jamestown Settlement has more engaging hands-on activities than Historic Jamestown. At Yorktown, The American Revolution Museum - Yorktown has more hands-on than Yorktown Battlefield. See

https://www.historyisfun.org/ for the settlement and ARM-Y, and https://www.nps.gov/colo/index.htm for the National Park sites.

Being flexible is good, so you all can take some down time when needed.

Reply to: Christmas town and historic triangle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Williamsburg