We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days for Busch Gardens?

Nassau, New York
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
How many days for Busch Gardens?

Hi,

We'll be in Williamsburg for 7 days in July. How many days should we allow for Busch Gardens and maybe Water Country?

We'll also be going to Colonial Williamsburg...is that a day or more?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,154 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days for Busch Gardens?

I guess it all depends on your interests. We have been to Busch Gardens several times and one full day is good enough for us--we see and do everything we want in a day. We found the lines at Water Country to be extremely long, so you might want to add a second day there if you are big waterpark fans just so you can be sure to hit all the rides you want. As for Colonial Williamsburg, you probably can't do it all in a day if you want to go on tours, visit the various musuems, etc. However, if you plan carefully and just want to hit the highlights of CW, you can do this in a day. My first suggestion would be to stop by the visitor's center the night before your visit to see the movie which plays until 9pm or so. While you're there, get a copy of what's open and what's going on for the next day so you can choose what attractions you want to see. (My "must sees" would be the Capitol, Governor's Mansion and Raleigh Tavern, but yours may be different.) Finally, make sure you have tickets in hand and get there early--you can always wander around and get your bearings before the buildings open and you can wander around again in the evening when the buildings close.

Have fun!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,892 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days for Busch Gardens?

A lot depends and you and your family's interests. I'd be happy with one day at BG, skip Water Country, 3 or 4 days for CW, and a day each for Jamestown (both sites) and Yorktown (both sites plus Riverwalk Landing). That may not suit you at all.

Since you're going to be here a week, think about purchasing the 7-4-1 pass, or the Historic Triangle pass (Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown sites, Yorktown sites) plus a BG Discovery Ticket. The Historic Triangle ticket can be purchased at the CW Visitors Center. From the BG website about the Discovery Ticket, "Do what you want, when you want, as often as you want during your stay*. Discover Busch Gardens and Water Country USA and visit both or just one as many times as you’d like. It’s all up to you. * Valid for unlimited admission for 7 consecutive calendar days from date of first use." Then you can visit where you want when you want.

Being able to split up days is great. Try CW in the morning when it is not so hot, Water Country in the afternoon, and maybe an evening program back at CW in the evening, for example.

CW has three museums in one building now, fully air conditioned, and great for hot or stormy weather. The DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum, the Abby Aldrich Folk Art Museum, and the Publick Hospital are all in the Publick Hospital building. The exhibits are outstanding, and there are "highlights" tours which add to understanding and appreciating what you're seeing.

I hope this helps with your planning!

Nassau, New York
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days for Busch Gardens?

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to look into those passes you mentioned.

4. Re: How many days for Busch Gardens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 08:17