We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowshoe rental for 7-8 people and two dogs over Christmas?

Which Snowshoe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Snowshoe rental for 7-8 people and two dogs over Christmas?

Hello, we are hoping to do a family ski vacation this year over the Christmas holidays, from December 23-29th.

Does anyone know of a nice ski in/ski out rental with fireplace that would allow us to bring our two small dogs? We have two female dogs--a cockapoo and a wheaton terrier. There would be me, my husband, my mother, our two college-aged kids and possibly a couple of their friends.

Something close to the village restaurants, etc. would also be wonderful.

Thanks for your help!

Pamela

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,272 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowshoe rental for 7-8 people and two dogs over Christmas?

I'm sure you have tried their website...or better yet, called them

www.snowshoemtn.com

You could also look at www.vrbo.com

Click on WV....then Snowshoe. I think there are quite a few rental units listed on there.

Good luck!

pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snowshoe rental for 7-8 people and two dogs over Christmas?

No, I haven't tried to call them yet. But, thanks for the info!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,272 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snowshoe rental for 7-8 people and two dogs over Christmas?

Here are a couple of places I found on VRBO..all pet friendly too.

http://www.vrbo.com/193737

http://www.vrbo.com/318606

http://www.vrbo.com/314057

There are many more on there. Some are off the mountain, but a

very short drive away. (not too many pet-friendlies on the mountain) More options if you can board your pets. :)

pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snowshoe rental for 7-8 people and two dogs over Christmas?

Thanks so much! I will check those out. We could board our pets, but would rather not since they are part of the family and love the snow!

virginia
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snowshoe rental for 7-8 people and two dogs over Christmas?

I'd also check with sprucerealty.com and firsttracts.com.

Just a note- I've rented next to pet friendly units and listened to unhappy animals while folks were out skiing or dining. If bringing pets, I hope that someone will be with them at all times. I suppose this is where renting a house is a much better than a condo. With your larger party, a house might be just what suits you best.

These two rental companies compete with Snowshoe and are located at the bottom of the mountain. I like that I can see interior photos of a specific unit on these sites. VRBO. com is a great option and I've never been disappointed when renting directly from an owner.

Also, since you are booking early season, snowmaking is prioritized in the village central and north mountain. Silver Creek is rarely open that early. Soaring Eagle area also is not usually up and running. Just sharing what we have learned from years of spending Xmas at Snowshoe. We continue to do it because there's nothing like feeling like you're at the North Pole for Xmas!

6. Re: Snowshoe rental for 7-8 people and two dogs over Christmas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2012, 05:17