We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Golf Course to Play?

Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Which Golf Course to Play?

We will be staying at the Greenbrier in early November as a stop over on a road trip specifically to play golf. We will have only one day to play. Which course should we pick? Is the Ashford short walking course a must? Any advice would be much appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
448 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Which Golf Course to Play?

Play TPC. It's overpriced (like everything at the GB) but still very good--best of the bunch for sure. I can't imagine the short course would be a must...but I'll admit I've never played it. I've played both pre-and post flood TPC courses and the recovery is nothing short of amazing. I played in May and it was in perfect, perfect shape and really fun. Just not $400.00 fun (that's getting close to Pebble and Shadow Creek prices). It'll be 300ish in Nov.

The GB Course is still closed, and the renovated Meadows is much improved but TPC is still better, hence the higher cost. I called in a few favors to get on the Snead this year and it is forgettable. It isn't a bad course at all....perfect for the residents and Sporting Club members (read: not too challenging) and the last 3 holes are really good but that's all. It's not worth the hassle of trying to get on and pay the unaccompanied rate plus mandatory forecaddie fee.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
448 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Which Golf Course to Play?

Edit: 9 holes of the GB course are open. Not sure which 9 they have used. I know there’s a Par 3 that was on the back 9 of the old GB that is now part of the Meadows.

Still say play TPC even though the old pre flood GB course was arguably better.

Reply to: Which Golf Course to Play?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about White Sulphur Springs