We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packers vs Ravens 11/19/17 Miscellaneous Questions

Bel Air, MD
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Packers vs Ravens 11/19/17 Miscellaneous Questions

I won a raffle to attend this game through work with airfare, rental car, accommodations and tickets to the game. I am bringing my teenage daughter and this will be her first NFL game. Thus the issue. We are flying in from Baltimore. She needs to be back by Monday in time for school. We fly into Milwaukee and drive to Green Bay. Mapquest says about 1 hour 40 minutes to get there. The hotel is within walking distance to the field. Our flight Sunday is at 6:45PM. If we leave at half-time say by 2-2:30 PM will we make it to the airport in time? Any tips on directions to make it an easy commute? Any tips on the stadium as we appear to be in the nosebleed section (742). Do I need to worry about being harassed for being a Ravens fan?

Any interesting things we should see in Milwaukee or Green Bay since we have most of the day Saturday to sight see? Any good restaurants to try for dinner? Where's the best cheese curds? Thanks for any input.

6 replies to this topic
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
130 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Packers vs Ravens 11/19/17 Miscellaneous Questions

I will address your airport question as I live in the Milwaukee area and make the trip to GB frequently. I assume you are taking I-43 from Milwaukee to GB. The trip can be done in an hour and 40 minutes, but I'd give it 2 hours. If you left at 2:30, you would not encounter much traffic and you would not have any problem being back to Milwaukee by 4:30 to 4:45. You might even be able to stay until 2:45 and still have enough time. It all depends on how long the game lasts and after game traffic. Lambeau fans generally do not leave the game very early,therefore even if the game is not close, people will not leave until the middle of 4th quarter. Go ahead and wear your Ravens gear. You will not have any problems. The fans are very friendly. As for things to do on Saturday, what time do you arrive in Milwaukee and how much in a hurry will you be to get to GB? What kinds of things interest you?

Edited: 17 November 2017, 11:33
Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,938 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Packers vs Ravens 11/19/17 Miscellaneous Questions

Frankly with the short time you have I would suggest driving up to Green Bay rather than hanging around Milwaukee. You can enjoy the football weekend atmosphere.

Packer fans are welcoming of visiting fans, well maybe not Bears fans, but most fans.

Bel Air, MD
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Packers vs Ravens 11/19/17 Miscellaneous Questions

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated. We arrive in Milwaukee at 0945. I have my teenage daughter with me so what I would like to see does not interest her.(Brewery Tour). I guess something we could do together inside would be best. Any museums worth going to?

Bel Air, MD
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Packers vs Ravens 11/19/17 Miscellaneous Questions

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated. We get in on Saturday so I thought maybe we could do something in Milwaukee before going to Green Bay.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,938 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: Packers vs Ravens 11/19/17 Miscellaneous Questions

The Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee Public Museum and Discovery World are all worth a visit. The Harley Davidson Museum is also worth a visit, but may not be of great interest to a teen girl.

The Milwaukee Holiday Parade will take place Saturday morning and while nothing compared to the Macy's parade it may have some impact on downtown traffic. https://milwaukeeparade.com

If you are ready to get into the Christmas spirit the Holiday Folk Fair is going on this weekend. http://folkfair.org

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
145 reviews
6. Re: Packers vs Ravens 11/19/17 Miscellaneous Questions

Well I hope you had fun! We Packer fans sure didn't but I thought of you while watching the game. At least we had the one good game before that. I think our hopes for the season are pretty well gone.

Reply to: Packers vs Ravens 11/19/17 Miscellaneous Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Green Bay
Recent Conversations