We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Bay Packer Game in December

California
1 post
Green Bay Packer Game in December

Hello,

I am a big Raider fan and Green Bay fan. They play on December 9th and I really want to go. We are from sunny California and my husband is worried about the weather. Is it really really cold in December? Do they sell warming seats etc.? Help??

Susan

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
253 posts
1. Re: Green Bay Packer Game in December

The weather here in December is unpredictable at best. Could be warm enough to rain (mid 30's). Or colder, record low for that day is -9.

I don't know about warming seats. The metal bleachers are cold to sti on for the whole game. You can rent stadium cushions right at the stadium. Don't know how much they cost.

Do wear a good pair of boots. The concrete is cold, and it radiates up your legs through your shoes.

The sporting good stores sell hand/foot warmers for about $1 each. Well worth the cost. You put them in your boots/gloves.

Have a good time at the game .

Mel

Big Island, Hawaii
Level Contributor
31,164 posts
2. Re: Green Bay Packer Game in December

It's going to be darn cold. Average high in December is 29 degrees, average low is 13. Yikes. You do have the option of indoor club seats at Lambeau. We went to a game in September and had great outdoor club seats, which is another option because if you get too cold you can go inside to the club area periodically.

Lambeau is a very special experience.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Green Bay Packer Game in December

December has become funny around here. With the global warming and all that (and without wanting to break into dialogue about whether it really exists) the winter times here have become milder. In the "old days" it was expected that it was cold (really cold) from December through March, and then expect a big storm in March to keep the snow on the ground through April. And there was always about 2 weeks in late Jan or early Feb where it was below zero every day. I remember back in '78....

I would say that in December, at that game, the garb will range anywhere from some yahoo wearing nothing to get on the tv camera to folks wearing complete cold weather blaze orange hunting outfits with the wool pac-boots and wool socks.

They do rent stadium seats, but they are made of canvas. They are not heated. The part where your bottom comes in contact with the cold metal bleacher seat is a heavy duty canvas. They rent for 6 or 7 bucks.

What lots of people do is bring in foam pads to sit on, or stadium pads. You can get them just about anywhere, as high schools, colleges, and pro teams all sell them with their name or logo printed on them. They are pretty nice as far as insulation from the cold metal.

One other thing some folks do is bring scraps of carpet, or foam, or other creative materials to stand on. It is concrete, and it's just as cold as the metal seats. I would say at the minimum, a good pair of hunting boots with hollofil or pac boots with the thick wool liners are ok to keep the feet warm. Do NOT wear just running shoes or sneakers and expect to keep warm feet. You will be chilled to bone, irregarless of what the temp is. The concrete will radiate the cold up to your feet. The idea is to get as much insulating material between you, and it.

We will be at that game. Maybe we'll see ya there!

Have fun,

Macc

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
331 posts
95 reviews
4. Re: Green Bay Packer Game in December

What we do is bring a piece of insulation to stand on. The foam kind that is pink, blue, or gray. You could go to the local home depot and buy a 4x8 sheet for around $8 that you can cut up. The insulation really makes a difference in keeping the cold away from your feet.

Other items that you could pick up in town are foot warmers and hand warmers, the one time use kind that cost a couple bucks. You could also look into the warming seats that are sold for hunters to use. They are full of round pellets and reflect your heat back up to your body.

We went in January a few years ago and it was snowing. I wore tennis shoes with wool socks and foot warmers and used the insulation and a blanket and was fine. Boots would be best, but if you don't have any I wouldn't make a special purchase.

You will be having so much fun you won't notice the cold.

5. Re: Green Bay Packer Game in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 04:28
Get answers to your questions about Green Bay
Recent Conversations