We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Open on Thanksgiving in Green Bay?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Open on Thanksgiving in Green Bay?

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Green Bay to take my elderly grandmother to on Thanksgiving? Thanks!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Open on Thanksgiving in Green Bay?

I'll have to do some checking on this. I'll look through the local newspapers's Sunday edition and see who will be open serving food. A lot of them are, but I'll look for the more accessible ones.

www.greenbaypressgazette.com

Atlanta
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Open on Thanksgiving in Green Bay?

Thank you! I checked the newspaper online but wasn't able to find anything. I made a few calls, but all the open restaurants were of the IHOP variety. I'd like something a little nicer.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Open on Thanksgiving in Green Bay?

Ok... most of the places require reservations. There is one place here in Howard that has decent food, and is very nice. They are taking reservations, so I would definitely call them and get a time slot.

The place: Rivers Bend

Where is it: 792 Riverview Drive

How do I get there: Exit Hwy 41 at the Velp Ave exit. You are almost out of Green Bay at that point (if you are heading northeast). Go north on Velp Ave. At the first stop light (past the requisite ones for the highway traffic) take a right. There will be a BP gas station and an A&W on that corner. After turning right, go down about 2 blocks or so and it will be on your right.

Phone number to call: 920-434-1383 (don't wait on this....)

Menu: Nov 22 10:00 to 2:00

scrambled eggs, waffles, roast turkey, mashed potatoes, salad bar, peel & eat shrimp, bacon, ham, stuffing, gravy, smoked salmon, sausage, french toast sticks, baked chicken, vegetables, and desserts.

At 2:00pm the menu changes.

Menu: Nov 22 2:00 to 6:00

roast turkey, baked chicken, stuffing, smoked salmon, ham, prime rib, vegetables, assorted desserts, cod (baked), mashed potatoes, salad bar, peel and eat shrimp.

Price: 15.95 adults, 12.95 seniors, 6.95 children 12 and under. 4 and under are free.

It mentions they are limiting the reservations to the first 1000 people. I wouldn't wait to call...

I would be going there if I didn't volunteer for the overtime at work.

Good luck. You will enjoy it if you can get in. They have great food.

Macc

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Open on Thanksgiving in Green Bay?

I second that...River's Bend always has good food. I take my Grandmother there for dinner. Not this Thanksgiving tho!

Have a great meal!

Mel

5. Re: Open on Thanksgiving in Green Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Green Bay