We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodeo Jackson or Cody Night Rodeo

Yardley...
Level Contributor
151 posts
104 reviews
Rodeo Jackson or Cody Night Rodeo

I will be in area in mid June 2013 and wonder if anyone can compare the twice weekly Jackson and the nightly Cody rodeos for quality of experience. Unfortunately will Not be in area for Buffalo Bill Stampede, so have to settle. Any input appreciated.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
34,975 posts
508 reviews
1. Re: Rodeo Jackson or Cody Night Rodeo

Well both are usually done by locals and it is nothing like the Houston, TX rodeo. We've only been to the one in Cody and so others like Teton Bill will have to speak to the one in Jackson Hole.

I would say which one fits into your schedule would be great. Never been disappointed by anything in Yellowstone, Cody or Jackson Hole.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,029 posts
65 reviews
2. Re: Rodeo Jackson or Cody Night Rodeo

For how many days in YNP and GTNP? What is your planned "entry point"? It matters because YNP is huge, the latter is relatively small. You'll probably want at least 3 full days just for YNP.

I read your profile; you might be interested in these two remarkable places. Do not let the name of the first fool you.

Cody, WY Buffalo Bill Historical Center A fascinating and world class complex (with cafeteria); plan on at least three hours. For all ages. http://www.bbhc.org/home/

National Museum of Wildlife Art – Another remarkable museum. North of Jackson on the road between Jackson and the south entrance to Grand Teton National Park. http://www.wildlifeart.org/

June is a great month to observe the young wildlife.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Rodeo Jackson or Cody Night Rodeo

Wild Mustang tour in Cody. Is it best to go in AM or PM. Which one are you more likely to see wildlife? Thanks

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,795 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Rodeo Jackson or Cody Night Rodeo

You're probably going to drive to the McCullough Peaks area east of Cody. I'd go in the morning, if only because it gets pretty hot out there in the summer, and the mornings would be a little cooler. From the standpoint of seeing feral horses, I've never noticed that time of day makes much difference.

Edited: 23 June 2013, 12:14
5. Re: Rodeo Jackson or Cody Night Rodeo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 01:18