We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any feedback RE "Scenic Safaris"

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
7 posts
Save Topic
Any feedback RE "Scenic Safaris"

Hey guys,

I was planning on booking a tour or two with this crowd called "Scenic Safaris". They appear to do some pretty awesome guided tours.

This is their site http://scenic-safaris.com/

It is proving hard to find any reviews about them though... which makes me a bit suspicious.

Anyone heard anything good/bad about them?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

1. Re: Any feedback RE "Scenic Safaris"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 09:46
Edited: 27 January 2012, 09:46
Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any feedback RE "Scenic Safaris"

They are fairly new according to Wyoming Secretary of State. However, that doesn't mean anything bad - perhaps try them out and be the first to help others by providing a review on TA!

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any feedback RE "Scenic Safaris"

I think they're affiliated with the company that owns Signal Mountain Lodge.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
205 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any feedback RE "Scenic Safaris"

This company is owned by the same parent company of Signal Mountain Lodge and Mad River Boat Trips. This means that they are corporate owned, not a small family run business. They started running scenic tours in the summer a year or two ago, but were booking them and running them through Mad River. The "Adventure Center" booking office is made to look like a concierge service, but is dedicated to booking offerings owned by the parent company.

Moran, Wyoming
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any feedback RE "Scenic Safaris"

If you are looking for an alternative, I think that the Teton Science School has a great tour. They are no the typical "for profit" tour company as it is run by a staff of field biologist that are associated with Teton Science School and called "Wildlife Expeditions". They are not affiliated with any other company as far as I know.

JH Lady

JACKSON HOLE
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any feedback RE "Scenic Safaris"

Hi GOWYO - You are correct, Scenic Safaris is owned by the same owner as Mad River Boat Trips and Signal Mountain Lodge. It is corporate owned, but that corporation has one owner, not a board of directors. All the local businesses are locally managed and operated by people that live here in Jackson Hole. Scenic Safaris only started running wildlife tours last summer, but they were booked directly by Scenic Safaris. Mad River has never operated wildlife tours. Scenic Safaris does lease the Mad River building in the winter, much like some of the other winter/summer partnerships trying to utilize rafting building space during the winter months here in town. The Jackson Hole Adventure Center is a concierge business. We partner with many outfitters for activities in town, such as horseback riding, rafting, paragliding, dogsledding, snowmobiling and anything else you can think of. Of course, we support our sister companies. We have an established relationship of trust with those businesses, just as we continue to build relationships with other area outfitters.

Mary

Jackson, Wyoming
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Any feedback RE "Scenic Safaris"

Hi, I run the Jackson Hole Adventure Center. We support over 20 local businesses by regularly booking their activities and lodging. We also book Scenic Safaris tours, which is a small fraction of what we do. I am a local and run this business, but true I do not own it. I love the freedom I have to seek out great local outfitters and support them by inspiring visitors to do and see all the wonderful things Jackson has to offer. Scenic Safaris is similarly run only by locals. Their guides are all locals as well- I highly recommend Dwayne- he's an exceptional guide.

8. Re: Any feedback RE "Scenic Safaris"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2013, 05:24