We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in mid july

Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Weather in mid july

Hello, hoping someone can shed some light on the usual weather pattern for july in princeville/hanalei bay area. I know that this year has been out of sorts but hoping for good weather. Dont mind the occasional rain. Latest reviews of some of the hotels in princeville talk about torrential rain for weeks, is this true? Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
41,457 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Weather in mid july

There will be occasional rain showers. Rain for weeks has happened in winter and early spring this year. IF you can even find a place a stay in July on the North Shore, I say go for it. I love July and wish I could have gone this year at that time.

Kalaheo, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
92 reviews
2. Re: Weather in mid july

The last month has felt more "normal." We have been experiencing showers most mornings and evenings, during the day it has been dry for the most part. Temps are definitely warming up with mid 80's on the South Shore and low 80's up north.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Weather in mid july

Our last trip was July ‘15. The trade winds stopped and it was really hot and clear blues skies the whole time.

We had one rain shower our first night but other than that very little rain.

Every year is different of course.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,744 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Weather in mid july

Hanalei did have more rain than normal this year, including some very bad storms. Things seem to have gotten back to normal now.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,992 posts
1 review
5. Re: Weather in mid july

The weather has certainly had it's extremes the past year. Last summer and fall were hot, humid, little rain and tradewinds way down. The island ran out of portable AC units and fans. Owners and rental agents had record numbers of complaints. Then there was this winter and spring. Grey skies, rain and cooler temps was the norm throughout the whole island.

The weather now seems to be the more typical patterns. Hopefully it will stick around.

Reply to: Weather in mid july
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted