We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanalei road closures.

Tulare, California
Level Contributor
457 posts
Hanalei road closures.

I am very well aware of road closures until I read this article today. It says "Signs are placed along the Black Pot stretch pointing out the places where only local traffic is allowed, and where the road is completely closed". thegardenisland.com/2018/…

7 replies to this topic
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,825 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: Hanalei road closures.

We were there in May and there are many signs that make it clear what's closed. We were not able to drive past the pavilion but A LOT of looky-loos were walking down to the end where the sink hole is located. Did you have a specific question?

California
Level Contributor
41,439 posts
130 reviews
2. Re: Hanalei road closures.

So your point is???? Its pretty obvious that the county doesn't you or anyone besides people that are working on the area or living near Black Pot to go down part of Weke Rd.

Tulare, California
Level Contributor
457 posts
3. Re: Hanalei road closures.

Point is I am staying beachfront Hanalei Bay and don't want to go down a wrong road. Been 5 years since last visit so a little fuzzy on direction. Rental company hasn't given directions yet. I get that at airport. Just trying to be proactive.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
18,228 posts
137 reviews
4. Re: Hanalei road closures.

You don’t have the address of your rental? That is ridiculous, they should have provided you with the address when you first inquired about the property. How else would you check to see if

1. Does the rental even exist?

2. Is it properly permitted rental?

3. Are you dealing with an owner? Tax records can tell you that. Scams happen.

4. Is the property for sale? I will not rent a property that is. Property being shown while I’m renting it or worse yet, sold just before I arrive.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,825 posts
59 reviews
5. Re: Hanalei road closures.

Is this the house you rented? kauaivacationrentals.com/rental/…

If so, it's the opposite direction from Black Pot Beach and the Hanalei Pier. The road is not closed on that side. It's located @ 5470 Weke Road. And that rental agency is very reputable.

Edited: 09 July 2018, 19:31
California
Level Contributor
41,439 posts
130 reviews
6. Re: Hanalei road closures.

You aren't going to down any wrong road. The closure is one small area at the end of Weke Rd. If for some reason you head down that way, you make a u turn. Not a biggy. 98% of Hanalei Bay is open.

Tulare, California
Level Contributor
457 posts
7. Re: Hanalei road closures.

Yes Martik. Jones Home. Never stayed on Hanalei Bay but after our Haena home got cancelled we feel very lucky to find this place but only after someone canceled.

Reply to: Hanalei road closures.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted