We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napali Coast Boat Tour?

Newton...
4 posts
1 review
Napali Coast Boat Tour?

Hi

Looking for a basic zodiac boat tour of napali coast with the beach landing. Don't really care about the snorkeling. Any opions on Captain Andy, Kauai Sea Tour or Napali Explorer? Traveling with family of 4 two teens ages 13 & 15

5 replies to this topic
Kalaheo, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
92 reviews
1. Re: Napali Coast Boat Tour?

I know Blue Ocean Adventure Tours does them out of the Kikialoa boat harbor in Kekaha, saw a couple of them leave right before we went out with Na Pali Explorers. Kauai Sea Tours also offers a beach landing, not sure if they sail from Port Allen or Kikialoa. Captain Andy does a beach landing and hike that sails out of Kekaha. The beach the tours land on is pretty far south along the coast, so I am unsure if anyone does it from Hanalei.

Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Napali Coast Boat Tour?

I personally would do Holo Holo from North Shore. It’s prettier coming down the coast from there, you can use Costco gift cards, and everyone in our group loved our guides.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,986 posts
1 review
3. Re: Napali Coast Boat Tour?

Liz, what time of year? This makes a difference in where you can depart from.

Kalaheo, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
92 reviews
4. Re: Napali Coast Boat Tour?

Holo Holo does not do a beach landing when they leave from the north shore, which is specifically what the poster is looking for. It rakes a long time to get from the north shore to the beach that is used for landings, which is why those tours usually leave from Kekaha down south.

Moorpark, California
Level Contributor
265 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Napali Coast Boat Tour?

We just did Captain Andy's Full Day Snorkeling tour which beaches on the Napali. My two sons (14 and 11) and I loved it since we went into several sea caves and snorkeled off the beach. The short hike to the ancient Hawaiian village was good and the hot lunch was impressive.

If you like thrill, e.g. Rollercoasters, rides, the Zodiac can be fun or at least tolerable due to EVERY bump you feel. The ocean was unusually calm as a swimming pool the day we went and the Zodiac ride still felt pretty intense. My husband on the other hand didn't see the value of paying $200/pp only to hang on for dear life on the Zodiac for the entire trip and end up sore the next day. We've also done the Holo-Holo snorkeling tour on a smaller boat (but not a Zodiac nor Catamaran) that goes into the sea caves which was great, too. The ride was not as intense as in a Zodiac which gives you a better opportunity to relax and observe the drop dead gorgeous surroundings. If it is your first time, I would recommend Holo-Holo Charters which departs from Hanalei and is cheaper especially if you use the discounted e-gift cards from www.costco.com

Reply to: Napali Coast Boat Tour?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted