We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best seafood restaurant near Poipu?

Phoenix
Level Contributor
19 posts
Best seafood restaurant near Poipu?

Looking for a really nice spot to have dinner for our anniversary near Poipu? Thinking seafood, maybe sushi or something unique to the area?

Thanks for your suggestions, first trip to the Island 😁

34 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
41,609 posts
130 reviews
31. Re: Best seafood restaurant near Poipu?

Yes by all means dress as you feel like dressing, I am just suggesting that long pants in the summer and heat of fall is not necessary. I can't wait to try Red Salt on another trip.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
369 posts
19 reviews
32. Re: Best seafood restaurant near Poipu?

You'll love it, Jebett. I just know it!

Oh, I thought of one piece of clothing advice I've learned the hard way. Ladies, when dining in Hawaii, always take a lightweight sweater or shrug to cover up bare skin. Many enclosed restaurants have air conditioning that can blow down from ceiling vents on to your table area. (Red Salt is one of them).

Many open-air venues are subject to breezes that can actually become chilly in the evening, at some times of the year and under some circumstances. Also, I carry a scarf at all times in my purse to protect my neck/upper chest from chill, just in case. I've used it on countless occasions, and on the plane as well.

If the restaurant is warm, the worst that can happen is that you'll have to drape your cover-up over the back of your chair, unused. Just sayin' : )

Edited: 02 September 2018, 20:51
Phoenix
Level Contributor
19 posts
33. Re: Best seafood restaurant near Poipu?

Our dining experiences on Island were all fantastic. We didn't get to try all of the places listed but we did try few and did not have a bad meal. Of the 3 places we visited I would say Merrimans was by far the best! My wife's steak was as good as, or better than we have had in some of the finest Mainland restaurants we have ever been to. Drinks were great, wine list was fantastic and service was on point. The beach house view was unmatched. The food and restaurant were just OK. A little dated looking inside and the tables and seating could use some updates. Keiokis Paradise was very nice as well. Beautiful tropical setting, lovely decor, nice live music and price was not bad. In order, we liked Merrimans the best, Keoki's, then the beach house. Not a bad meal was had at any of the places we went including food trucks and hole in the wall type spots. There were a few we didn't get to but that just means we will have to come back! Fantastic time was had on the Garden Isle, look forward to visiting the other islands too. Thanks all for your input. Mahalo

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
369 posts
19 reviews
34. Re: Best seafood restaurant near Poipu?

How thoughtful of you to follow up, Surfos! I wish more posters would come back and say how their experience turned out. I'm very glad you had positive ones. I, too, was not impressed with the food at the Beach House...but the view IS stunning, isn't it? Please DO go back to Kauai some time. By the way, I've taken note of your Merriman's experience, and will make it a point to go there myself.

Edited: 08 September 2018, 15:54
Reply to: Best seafood restaurant near Poipu?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted