We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanalei flood recovery

3 posts
Hanalei flood recovery

Hello! I'm planning to visit Kauai in late December 2018. Can anyone give me an update on the flood recovery in Hanalei? Is there environmental contamination to be concerned about in terms of drinking water and/or the beaches? Progress on the road past Hanalei? Anyone know about flood damage to Hanalei Inn?

Thanks for your information and insights!

Gwendolyn

13 replies to this topic
La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
18,202 posts
137 reviews
11. Re: Hanalei flood recovery

Hanalei Inn is up on the hwy. There was some initial flooding, but AFAIK, the only business that is still closed, is Hanalei Dolphin. Everything else is fine. Have you stayed there before? I’ve always thought it looked like a packbackers motel. The last review on TA is pretty bad....

3 posts
12. Re: Hanalei flood recovery

Yes, I've stayed there and it was great. Definitely not fancy and not for everyone, but absolutely charming, affordable and clean. I read the recent reviews as well, not good. I wonder if management is slipping or the folks commenting are used a Hilton.

California
Level Contributor
41,424 posts
130 reviews
13. Re: Hanalei flood recovery

Most people that inquire and stay at Hanalei Inn, know about it. I doubt they think its a Hilton. They stay there because its funky and close to the town.

From Yelp it looks like it was open at least last month. If they are not responding to your unquiries, thats not good.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/hanalei-inn-hanalei

Edited: 14 September 2018, 17:22
Reply to: Hanalei flood recovery
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted