We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in kuaui

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Where to stay in kuaui

We are visiting Kauaii at the end of October for three nights and then onto Honolulu. We want to explore the island during this short time. We have came down to the Kauai Coast Resort at Beachboy--ResortQuest Islander by the Beach--Courtyard Marriot. They all have been renovated. Does anybody have any recomendations.

CA
14 posts
1. Re: Where to stay in kuaui

If you go to Kauai Forums and click the links for the hotels you mentioned (in the left column under 'Deals on Kauai Hotels' there will be reviews of the properties.

I haven't stayed at all of them, so I can't comment. But, I have found the reviews around here to be quite informative.

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
511 posts
2. Re: Where to stay in kuaui

Of the properties that you mentioned, the best reviews have been from the Kauai Coast Resort @ the Beachboy. If possible, try to rent from an owner there to get the better ocean view rooms, but overall I have heard nothing but good things about the Beachboy (I think the worst was someone above the reviewer making noise and walking heavily, which can happen at any place really).

The Islander on the Beach is litterally right next to the Beachboy and has been renovated, but the rooms are much smaller (which may or may not be an issue for you).

The east side make good sense if you are going to explore, as you are about the same distance to either side of the island (west or north) and very close to the south shore. I stayed very near the Beachboy at the Wailua Bayview Condo's and had an excellent time in April!

I hope that your short visit will inspire you to return, as I can not think you would be able to full appreciate it in only 3 days (I was there for 8 days and still have to do more exploring next visit and can't wait to go again!).

Have a great adventure!

Aloha :-)

Dan

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
3. Re: Where to stay in kuaui

I second the choice of the Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy. Very nive property in a great location and walkable to the shoreline.

Aloha................ ;>)

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
4. Re: Where to stay in kuaui

Just came back from Kauai and The Beachboy. LOVED it. We had a 1 bedroom ocean front-100 feet from the water. One lanai w/two patio doors-one from the living room and one from the bedroom. Went to sleep with the sound of the waves!!! Beautiful, new furnishings-hawaian style. Beautiful grounds, pool with waterfall, near the ocean hot tub, poolside bar, hammocks and grills, open air restaurant-very good. THe resort lits torches every night. Cocnut market place right across the street w/ 60 shops and a few places to eat. It is the most popular resort in Kapaa.

Get answers to your questions about Kapaa
Recent Conversations