We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orchid Cottage

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Orchid Cottage

Has anyone stayed at the Orchid Cottage upstairs unit that sits in the Orchid Nursery in Kapaa?

Mentioned in this post
Kapaa
Kapaa
Kauai, HI
Tasmania
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orchid Cottage

I am interested in your posting and any responses that you may get. My wife and I are staying at the Orchid Cottage upstairs unit during July. We know nothing more than what has been provided to us by the owners. I do not know when you plan to travel but if it is after July I will have some first hand knowledge.

Bay Area California
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orchid Cottage

When I tried to do a goolge search on the Orchid Cottage I found that the VRBO listing was removed. I don't know what that means but you can still see it in the background.

It does help if you post a link to the cottage you are asking about. I think you get more responses that way and for the actual one you want to know about. I actually found more than one with that name on the island.

Bay Area California
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Orchid Cottage

Did you see they are having a special?

…craigslist.org/kau/vac/2317852075.html

California
Level Contributor
40,641 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orchid Cottage

They most likely haven't renewed their VRBO listing.

Are they a legal rental?

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Orchid Cottage

I've stayed here and I can vouch they are 100 percent legit. It's not your touristy Kauai and it sits right in front of a family home with the nicest people. You take a rural road where there are goats tied to the side of the road but it's less than 2 min from kapaa proper. Great place to stay if you're looking for secluded. Warning no ac no frills. Imagine a Thoreau get away in Hawaii.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,650 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orchid Cottage

Really...you join TA just today to reply to a 1 1/2 yo post........

7. Re: Orchid Cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Kapaa
Recent Conversations