We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waipouli Beach Resort

Waipouli Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2013, 15:18
California
Level Contributor
41,436 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

Candace Mack, with Kauai Calls rents out tons of WBR units.

summitpacificinc.com/WaipouliBeachResort/a40…

It doesn't matter if they are owned by the same person. I can't imagine anyone buying two of those units, anyway. They were overpriced and most went into foreclosure a few years ago.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,986 posts
1 review
2. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

Good link from Jebett. Yeah, your best bet is to rent from an agency that represents a number of units there. In that case it doesn't matter who the owners are. They can focus moreso on the locations of the units.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

"I can't imagine anyone buying two of those units, anyway. They were overpriced and most went into foreclosure a few years ago"

A number of people did buy more than one. Speculators get hammered some times and Waipouli came to market at the front edge of the 2005-7 buying panic. . And "most" did not go into foreclosure. The developer had to give 30 or so back to his bank and a number of others have been sold, but out of 200 units "most" is rather hyperbolic. Loads are indeed on offer though and undoubtedly at less than what was paid.

Most of the island's property was badly overpriced in the 2005-7 time frame. If you bought something in that period, you're way under water in most cases. Condos on the North Shore that sold for $1.3-1.5 million in that time frame have similar units on offer at $900K or less. About the same % loss as Waipouli.

I can't imagine ANYONE buying a condo on Kauai in 2006. The numbers just made no sense for the vacation rental market unless you were counting on huge capital appreciation which hasn't panned out so well.

Edited: 18 September 2012, 05:55
4. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2013, 15:18
San Jose
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

Candace was great, I did a review on E105 I thin it was.

6. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Kapaa
Recent Conversations