We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aston Islander on the beach?

Redding
11 posts
Save Topic
Aston Islander on the beach?

hi there, the wife and I are planing a trip to Kauai the first week of June 2013 for our 10 year anniversary, we are on a budget and I like what Iv read about the Aston on the beach. any feedback on the hotel would be great. my main question is about the resort fee of $10 a night. is that per person or per room. for 8 night there is a difference of $80 as opposed to $160. i just need to know how to budget it in.

thanks !!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Wailua River Kayak and Hike Adventure
94 Reviews
from US$88.59*
Free Cancellation
Hanalei Bay Kayak and Snorkel Tour
21 Reviews
from US$98.99*
Free Cancellation
Na Pali Coast -  Summer Sea Kayaking...
1 Review
from US$252.00*
Free Cancellation
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,402 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aston Islander on the beach?

The Islander is a nice place and convenient to shops and restaurants. The resort fee should be per room, but you might call them and make sure.

Redding
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aston Islander on the beach?

can anyone give any input when comparing, Aston islander on the beach and the Aston aloha beach hotel. pros and cons on location, and overall stuff?

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Aston Islander on the Beach
Aston Islander on the...
1,830 Reviews
Kauai, HI
California
Level Contributor
40,353 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aston Islander on the beach?

My inlaws just got back from a week's stay in unit 244 (VRBO) that I found for them. It was a bargain even if there is a resort fee (probably for parking?). They paid $65 a night but next summer it could be more. They liked it. They have a small pool, an outdoor bar, (swimming at the beach isn't good due to strong currents), and its next to a fun bar..... Trees) and across the parking lot from Coconut Marketplace. They didn't like the parking situation (gets crowded at night and they had to walk a long ways) but overall they said they enjoyed the location. Resort fees are per unit and not per person. 244 had a partial ocean view. The front desk doesn't want much to do with those that rent through a private owner, but besides that, renting through VRBO can save you a ton of money.

Mentioned in this post
Coconut Marketplace
Coconut Marketplace
919 Reviews
Kauai, HI
California
Level Contributor
40,353 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aston Islander on the beach?

Islander is MUCH better than Aloha Beach. Have stayed at both. Aston Aloha Beach is off by itself and hasn't been redone. Islander at least has been remodeled and people bought studios there and they rent them out. Check out Courtyard by Marriott too. I stayed there one night this week and was pleasantly surprised at their improvements.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,402 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aston Islander on the beach?

Islander is much, much, much better than Aloha Beach. Nicer and more convenient.

6. Re: Aston Islander on the beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Kapaa
Recent Conversations