We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent weather in Kapaa?

Torrance, CA
Level Contributor
682 posts
24 reviews
Recent weather in Kapaa?

Anyone there right now who can tell me what the weather's been like this week? Looking at the National Weather Service by zip code of where we'll be staying next week, the highest temp 67 degrees! Brrrr

california
Level Contributor
338 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Recent weather in Kapaa?

The weather in Kauai rarely follows the forecast exactly, at least in my experience - some places on the island will be cooler, some warmer, some drier, some wetter. And, the tropical sun tends to feel warmer than what the temperature might say. There was recent post about weather, so you might type 'weather' into the search bar and see what pops up.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,011 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Recent weather in Kapaa?

Our island-wide temps have been in the 80's....there was one day with cloud-cover (Kona Winds) that only hit 79. Don't worry.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,990 posts
35 reviews
3. Re: Recent weather in Kapaa?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

What "mezzsop" says - while we had some voggy days last week - it is lovely and clear, with temps comfortable in the 80's and light tradewinds.

Don't pay attention to The Weather Channel and other mainland sites - if you want to check local weather, your best bet would be to check our local O'ahu TV station - KHON - simply put in your zip code and you'll get a much, much more accurate idea of what the temp and weather is really like.

www.khon2.com/weather/city.aspx…

Malama Pono,

Janet

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Recent weather in Kapaa?

My family has been on anini beach for the past week and the temps have been very warm. Locals have been telling us the weather is unseasonably hot, with little to no winds to cool things down (until today that is). Today has been beautiful, 80 and sunny with a pleasant breeze.

We had shave ice in Kapaa two days ago and the town was very hot and sunny.

Torrance, CA
Level Contributor
682 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Recent weather in Kapaa?

Whew, thanks all! I wasn't so worried, but my husband takes the weather service so seriously sometimes, so now I can tell him not to worry, too! Can't wait to get there!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
6. Re: Recent weather in Kapaa?

forget the weather service. Check the links in the Top Questions threads on weather on the main Kauai page for better info.

67??? maybe at 2 AM.............with the fridge door open.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
7. Re: Recent weather in Kapaa?

No, the high is not 67. The low is somewhere in 60's but late at night. The high in 80's. Beautiful day Monday but can use more trade winds.

Thankfully the vog of last week is gone.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Recent weather in Kapaa?

Not sure what zipcode that you put into wherever your hubby uses for weather reports , but what you got back is totally off base and not even close to what the weather kahuna actually brings us.

Our zip code here in Lihue, is 96766.

Highs are in the 80's, lows in the mid to high 70's. It is HOT and SUNNY !

We hear this all the time from the visitors who are back on the mainland someplace, and they are stressing to the max that it is going to be raining every day for their stay, or they are all all worried about what type of weather that they have found someplace by whatever means and it is total nonesense.

Best weather report.

Get on the plane, land, walk out of the terminal and look around. Your hubby will be the only one in rain gear , and jackets, and sou'wester hats pulled tight around the ears.

Really suggest that you all dress light and comfortable, and bring your sunscreen and pray for tradewinds to keep you cool. Dress in shorts and light cotton tops or T- shirts and slippahs...( flip - flops )....ahhhh, now you are island styling. Oh, light tropical sundresses for the lady of the clan i so inclined.

Get ready for Kauai island by packing light and easy. Fun and sun are waiting for you both.

Denny

Edited: 30 October 2012, 21:23
9. Re: Recent weather in Kapaa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2013, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Kapaa
Recent Conversations