We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline car rental ....

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Priceline car rental ....

Hi,

Last week I went to the Priceline website and unfortunately placed 2 unaccepted bids.

I mistakenly, and , regretfully gave them my credit card number.

I have not placed any other bid as they asked me to do,or, aim to do so, what happens from here, will they charge on my card for a car rental at their chosen price?

I am just terrrified at the idea that they,ve gotten me tied to the tree, is there any way out...or,should I just let it be and no charge will be made!

Kind regards.

ronald

Torrance, CA
Level Contributor
682 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Priceline car rental ....

No worries! If your bids weren't accepted, then your card won't be charged. It's only when your bid is accepted that you're actually charged.

Torrance, CA
Level Contributor
682 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Priceline car rental ....

Also, the only way to place a bid is to provide your credit card number, in case it's accepted by a rental company. As far as I know, there's no way to place bids without providing a card number.

California
Level Contributor
41,045 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Priceline car rental ....

You got a notice that if your bid is not accepted you don't get charged. You will also get an email a day after saying try again. If you don't feel comfortable bidding, don't try Priceline.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Priceline car rental ....

As others have said, you will not be charged for unaccepted bids. I got a screaming deal on a rental using Priceline in August at MCI - so if you're brave enough to try it (and understand all the fees, etc.) you can save a lot of $$. Others prefer to know exact where their rental car is coming from and that's okay too.

Try discounthawaiirentalcars.com for good rental car rates (no upfront fees and they tell you where your car is rented from).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Priceline car rental ....

Thank you very much everyone for your help, now I can have a peace of mind!

6. Re: Priceline car rental ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2013, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Kapaa
Recent Conversations