We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poipu accomodation recommendations?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
636 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Poipu accomodation recommendations?

Looking for recommendations for where to stay this July. We are two families vacationing together with four teen girls (14, 15, 17, 18).

Would like to stay where the teens can safely have some independence...be able to walk to dining, shops, beach etc on their own. Needs to have a pool and preferably hot tub. We are thinking about 10-12 days, in the Poipu area. We would consider two 1 bedroom units that sleep four, or a house with four bedrooms, or even a combination of units that allows the kids their own studio unit (they would love that). Total budget should be about $300 USD per night per family (not inc taxes etc, but less would be better...damn Canadian dollar!)

Our family usually goes to Maui and stays in a moderate ocean front property (Aston Mahana, Kaanapali Shores, Mana Kai). Just can't get enough of hearing the surf at night. Getting this in Kauai would be great and preferred but not a deal breaker. :)

We were also looking at Maui but seems on the surface that Maui is pricier for accomodations. We have stayed there many times, and really like the Kaanapali area.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Mel

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
51. Re: Poipu accomodation recommendations?

thanks everyone. In the summer, the sun doesn't set until around 8ish, so after a day out and about, beach or wherever, you're usually showering and hanging out in the condo getting ready for dinner. And yes, it can be hot when you are trying to cook etc. I think that's what the issue is. With no AC, I just don't want to be miserable. But I'm going to have to chance it and hope those tradewinds are flowing!!!!

California
Level Contributor
40,665 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Poipu accomodation recommendations?

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/lihue…

Closer to 7:25. The hottest times (to me) are between 3-7pm.

53. Re: Poipu accomodation recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2018, 00:15