We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach between the Sheraton and the Marriott

Plainfield, IL
Level Contributor
19 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Beach between the Sheraton and the Marriott

Can you walk the beach between the Kauai Sheraton and the Kauai Marriott? Any other suggestions on fun beach walks are appreciated! I usually stay at the Point at Poipu and drive to different beaches. Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions!

Mentioned in this post
The Kauai Inn
The Kauai Inn
405 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Kaua'i Marriott Resort
Kaua'i Marriott Resort
2,999 Reviews
Kauai, HI
The Point at Poipu
The Point at Poipu
898 Reviews
Kauai, HI
California
Level Contributor
10,133 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach between the Sheraton and the Marriott

Yes, it's an easy walk. My favorite walk is Hanalei Bay.

Mentioned in this post
Hanalei Bay
Hanalei Bay
416 Reviews
Kauai, HI
La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,672 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach between the Sheraton and the Marriott

All beaches in Hawai‘i are public, so yes, you can walk the beach. The Marriott property is Waiohai timeshares.

Have you walked the beach path in Kapa‘a from town to Kealia?

Edited: 24 February 2017, 13:15
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,637 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach between the Sheraton and the Marriott

Yes, it's one long stretch of beach in between the two that is an easy walk with only one small hiccup. When you get to the Koa Kea Resort. the sand will end for a short while but there's a concrete walkway then. This concrete walkway extends in front of the Marriott Waiohai for a little bit then you're back to the sand. Just shortly past the Marriott the sand and beach continues but it's now the Poipu Beach County Park section. You can actually continue walking after this last section of beach but it's through the grassy park. At the end of that park is Brennecke's Beach. That's where the oceanfront walk would end but you can cross over the road and walk up the nice paved greenbelt walkway all the way to the Hyatt. Are you staying at the Sheraton, Marriott or Point at Poipu? If you're staying again at the Point at Poipu you can catch the greenbelt walkway by just walking down Pe'e Road towards Poipu Road. From there you can make this walk in reverse, all the way to the Sheraton.

Mentioned in this post
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort
2,373 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Poipu Beach Park
Poipu Beach Park
4,077 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Brennecke's Beach
Brennecke's Beach
135 Reviews
Kauai, HI
The Point at Poipu
The Point at Poipu
898 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Plainfield, IL
Level Contributor
19 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach between the Sheraton and the Marriott

No, I haven't, but I'm going to now! Thanks!

Kent, WA
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach between the Sheraton and the Marriott

One of my favorites is from the end of Anini Road to as far as you can walk.

Poipu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach between the Sheraton and the Marriott

Yes you can! There is a new sidewalk that you will have to jump onto after you walk past the Kiahuna, but it is very pleasant and ends right past the Waohai Marriott, then on to the picture above of Poipu beach Park.

Snacks at Brenneckes Beach Deli downstairs and Shave Ice, Nukumoi Surf Co next door for all beach rentals and cool stuff. Happy Hour upstairs at Brennecke's 3-5, lunch 11-4 Dinner 4-10. Live music and Happy hour Thr.-Sat 8:30--11ish.

Great morning and sunset walk!

Mentioned in this post
Poipu Beach Park
Poipu Beach Park
4,077 Reviews
Kauai, HI
7. Re: Beach between the Sheraton and the Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2018, 00:17