We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham resorts on Kauai

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burney, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wyndham resorts on Kauai

Wow...not much info on the Wyndham Shearwater. Oh well, am actually trying to pick a Wyndham on the island. Bali Hai has lots of availability, whereas the others don't. What's that all about? Is its location a big negative? or does its size make for more openings? My husband and I don't want the congestion that

sometimes accompany resorts in Hawaii. That's why we're zeroed in on Kauai. We'll have a car....we like hiking and other outdoor activities....so where should we stay?

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,887 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wyndham resorts on Kauai

Our condo complex is next door to Shearwater. Looks like most of the units are ocean views. Bali Hai appears to be bigger and not much on the view department but we have visited someone staying there and the unit was very well kept and new looking. Interesting how Wizard pub. does not show the time share places on their website. I just looked for Shearwater and it wasn't there.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wyndham resorts on Kauai

We stayed at Bali Hai Villas last April - I thought the unit was very nice and spacious, and the pools are great. No view as Shanty mentioned, and I don't love Princeville because you have to drive most everywhere.

I wrote a comparison of WBHV to the Point at Poipu (where we own) on my blog at …blogspot.com/p/timeshare-reviews.html

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wyndham resorts on Kauai

Shearwater is a decent condo choice in Princeville, generally with ocean views. While I have not rented in either, based on walking the grounds of both of these properties several times and their respective locations, I would favor Shearwater over Bali Hai. Despite the name of the latter, it most definitely lacks any ocean or Bali Hai view....

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,585 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wyndham resorts on Kauai

Shearwater has great ocean views,but you're in Princeville and on a cliff. Princeville ispretty crowded. Bali Hai is still in the process of building, therefore a lot of available units---it's also the largest of the Wyndham resorts on island. We actually prefer Wyndham Kauai Beach Villas for it's beach location on the east side (between Kapaa and Lihue) and it's secludedness. Bali Hai has the newest units, but if you're going with an RCI exchange, you'll probably get an older unit anyway. But they all are clean and employees are great.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wyndham resorts on Kauai

Princeville is WITHIN 10-15 MINUTES of some of the best beaches anywhere in the entire USA - Hanalei Bay rated #1 by Dr. Beach recently, famous Tunnels Beach, Ke'e Beach, Anini Beach, etc !!! The beach (Hideaways) below Puu Poa condos in Princeville was THE beach featured for years in the Hawaii travel poster of United Airlines that hung in so many travel agents' offices.The list goes on and on re Kauai's North Shore - why so many major motion pictures are filmed there the last 60 years.... What East Coast beach can compare ? I would vote you stay in Shearwater or Bali Hai just to be near those fabulous beaches and close to Kauai's prime hiking opportunities in that area....

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,585 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wyndham resorts on Kauai

Also depends on what time of year you go. If you like water sports and go in the winter, the north shores will often just be good for surfing, but not snorkeling. Don't discount the eastern beaches! They are beautiful, too!---Moloaa, Donkey Beach, Anahola, the beach right in front of KBV, ... .

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wyndham resorts on Kauai

We requested an updated unit with our RCI timeshare reservation and got a very nice one - the kitchen and baths were updated, though the linens/soft furnishings seemed to be older, but were still in good condition.

Burney, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wyndham resorts on Kauai

Thank you for all the info....I think go with your recommendation and try for the Kauai Beach Villas. We inherited our Wyndham ownership, so are just trying to justify the monthly maintenance fees. Dad did the hard ($$$) part, so we hope to enjoy it on his behalf. The Beach Villas sound perfect!

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,585 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wyndham resorts on Kauai

I think you'll be happy KBV---or any of them for that matter. If you have enough points for the KBV oceanview units, try to get one of them.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
15,592 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Wyndham resorts on Kauai

I'd take any of the properties in Princeville over the east shore properties. Many nicer beaches , better for swimming, and closer to get to also. Not to speak of the scenery. I can only speak for myself but I know if I stayed on the east shore I'd be driving longer distances every day to get somewhere else

Get answers to your questions about Princeville