We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Lahaina

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
251 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Lahaina

We are staying in Kihei at the Hale Pau Hane.....my husband and son are golfing on Lanai for the day and I wanted to join them in Lahaina. I have this link http://www.mauicounty.gov/bus/ for the bus system but could someone local tell me what schedule to use? Aw well approximately how long would it take me to travel to Lahaina by the bus?

We also wanted to take the bus to the Marrriott and cab it back....what bus route would we take and approximately how long a ride is it.....are the Shops at Wailea, close to the Marriott?

Thanks

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,352 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Lahaina

The only way I can see you doing this is by taking 3 different buses. The first to get you down S. Kihei Rd would be the Kihei Islander #10. It will take you down to Uwapo Rd. Now you have to switch to the Kihei Villager#15 to get to Maalaea Harbor. At the harbor, now you need the Lahaina Islander #20 to get to the Warf Cinema Center in Lahaina. I have no idea how long it will take but by car with no stopping from the Hale Pau Hana it would be 40 min. or so. I say an hour and a half is probably realistic, but just guessing!!

If you are in fairly good shape you could walk from the Hale Pau Hana to the Marriott. It is up hill though!! The Marriott is right next door to the Shops at Wailea. The route would be the Kihei Islander again, just going in the opposite direction.

toronto
Level Contributor
251 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Lahaina

Thanks for the bus info....seems like it will be a long bus ride to Lahaina, with nothing direct....had hoped to go "early" and shop and then meet my guys for dinner...may rethink that one. We're going to the luau at the Marriott and may take the bus and cab it back that way everyone can have a few drinks....good to know about the shops as we can go early and "browse".

Cheers

3. Re: Bus to Lahaina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 22:15