We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years in Kihei

Ottawa
Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
New Years in Kihei

Staying at the Maui Coast Hotel in Kihei in early Januray 2013 and wondering where to go for dinner on New Years. I don't want to go to Wailea to a resort and do a fancy dinner there but looking for something that will have great food and a great atmosphere. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years in Kihei

Stella Blues, Cafe O Lei or Buzz's Warf would probably do!!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years in Kihei

I don't know if Fabiani 's would be open, but it was an awesome Italian place....loved the 12" pizza, chicken penne Paninis and their desserts are sinful. This isn't a fancy place. More the vibe of a family run joint, locals seemed to love it for lunch and literally three servers recced this place to us on our recent visit, plus a fellow poster AlohaBons! Prices were great and so friendly. Wish I were eating their cinnamon rolls right now.....Deb

P.S. It was super comfortable and their salad was so good. They're on Lipoa Street about a block down to the left in a business mall.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years in Kihei

Cafe O Lei would be my vote. I think it might even be walking distance from your hotel (I could be wrong), then everyone can drink.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,621 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years in Kihei

Waterfront at Maalaea would be my choice. Nice views. Also see what Bev is having at Gannon's at the Gold golf course in Wailea. Both of these have nice views.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years in Kihei

Thanks for the great suggestion everyone

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
429 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years in Kihei

for whatever reason we decided to go for lunch last New Year's Day (2012). Bad idea - walked around Kam II beach area, only place open was Denny's (and it was packed).

ohio
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years in Kihei

Thanks for the info and warning about New Year's Day.

Saanichton, B.C.
Level Contributor
58 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Years in Kihei

Walk down to Bistro 808 for a great dinner.

We went last year with a large group and it was excellent.

Don't forget to bring your wine and or beer - no corkage charge.

9. Re: New Years in Kihei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2013, 05:15