We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

preimer prestige Tresor cosmetic scam lahina

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
616 reviews
preimer prestige Tresor cosmetic scam lahina

Fraud shop on front street.DO NOT buy from tresor rare lift cream. store is a fraud selks fake products. no returns. steals your info and $. samples are not what is in product. bait and swith.

on front street Lahina Maui beware!!! did anyone else get ripped off

24 replies to this topic
St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: preimer prestige Tresor cosmetic scam lahina

From the reviews on Yelp, I wouldn't go near the place:

https:/…tresor-rare-of-maui-lahaina

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,676 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: preimer prestige Tresor cosmetic scam lahina

<"did anyone else get ripped off">

There was some discussion about aggressive sales people for skin care products on Front St. in Lahaina in this thread, but I think everyone who posted either ignored the salesperson or escaped without buying anything: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g29220-…

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: preimer prestige Tresor cosmetic scam lahina

I try not to exchange eye contact with these folks - very aggressive indeed. One courteous hello exchange and they have figured out a way to reel you in. That's what happened to me a few years back. Luckily, I escaped with my wallet in tact (I resisted their high pressures sales pitch) but lost at least an hour of my precious Maui time. Now when I pass them by, I might still say hello (I just can't help it) but then I keep on walking...no looking back....no answering their questions...I learned my lesson.

Edited: 24 March 2018, 08:30
Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
350 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: preimer prestige Tresor cosmetic scam lahina

Ugh. I CANNOT stand walking past their store. They are so pushy and awful! Last time we were there we avoided making eye contact and just kept walking. The guy shouted mean things about my wrinkles.

Nice way to reassure us to not enter your store

I would hate to be a store next to them too

It seems I have read so many complaints---how are they still in business....and in that particular location? Seems Front street business wouldn't want them there

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,784 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: preimer prestige Tresor cosmetic scam lahina

These types of scams are all over American shopping mall as well. Just walk on by. Don't engage in discussion - at all. Sometimes I make a cross with my fingers. If it works on Dracula ...

6. Re: preimer prestige Tresor cosmetic scam lahina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2018, 04:34

Oroville, California
Level Contributor
585 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: preimer prestige Tresor cosmetic scam lahina

It appears that part of their business name was stolen from Brennan Huff and Dale Doback owners of Prestige Worldwide. The stepbrothers have made quite a name for themselves in the karaoke rental business.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
23 reviews
8. Re: preimer prestige Tresor cosmetic scam lahina

We ran into them at Whalers Village and then again in Lahaina. Really annoying! But you just have to ignore. I ran into a similar thing in Miami. And we have a ton of them in Chicago. They usually ask if your nails are real and want you to try something. Just smile, say no thanks and keep walking.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,734 posts
1,769 reviews
9. Re: preimer prestige Tresor cosmetic scam lahina

Yes, similar almost everywhere.

The most any get from us is a wave, if that.

Probably from the same gene pool, as time smart folk?

Best of luck,

Hunt

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
11,765 posts
247 reviews
10. Re: preimer prestige Tresor cosmetic scam lahina

I have never heard of this store. We were all over Lahaina but somehow must of missed it. Lucky us!

The way all of you describe it, it reminds me of the Timeshare Sharks we see at the Puerto Vallarta airport! They are a nightmare, lol.

Thanks for the heads up.

Reply to: preimer prestige Tresor cosmetic scam lahina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted