We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Stores Near the Kaanapali Villas

Miami, Fl
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Stores Near the Kaanapali Villas

Are there any grocery stores near the Kaanapali Villas that sell alcohol (not beer) as well as general food (i.e. bread, milk, ham, cheese, soda, juice, etc...) all in one place?

Thanks.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,421 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Stores Near the Kaanapali Villas

You can buy liquor at any grocery store in Hawaii. There is a Safeway and Foodland Farms in Lahaina and I believe a Times up the road in Honokawai. No liquor sales after 11:00pm.

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Stores Near the Kaanapali Villas

Perhaps you already went on your trip and this advice is too little too late. But maybe it will help another traveler. We loved the Times market in Kaanapali, went there 2 times during our stay last week. Prices are much more reasonable there than at Safeway. We know because we went to Safeway while we were there, too. I have a Safeway/Vons club card, and still paid too much! Of course, if you have a Costco Card, hit up the Costco before checking in to your hotel. You cannot beat Costco liquor prices, and they have local food delicacies/selections plus all the other great food etc. you usually find at Costco. Costco American Express makes my membership free. I simply pay off all my charges each month so that I never incur interest fees, then I get that juicy rebate check that is always well above the price of membership around March of each year.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Stores Near the Kaanapali Villas

we go to the Times to stock up when we first arrive, if we have a car. After that we rely on the Westin free shuttle into Lahaina. On the way south it stops by the Safeway in the Cannery mall. On the way north it stops at the market (i forget the name) at the mall across the road from the Cannery, the name of which I also forget. Since the shuttles are an hour apart, we usually shop quickly at the Safeway and then walk across the road to meet the returning shuttle.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Stores Near the Kaanapali Villas

Foodland Farm is in the mall across from the Cannery mall. They are great for shish kabobs, and gourmet cheeses. They won for best poke (16 flavors).

Your closest one stop market is Times on Lower Honoapiilani and it is

just 3 traffic lights away.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Stores Near the Kaanapali Villas

The markets mentioned are all close, with Foodland Farms being my favorite, for the poke alone. You can also stop in any ABC store or Long's Drugs and find much of what you're looking for, including alcohol. Long's prices, in particular, seemed very reasonable and their selection was surprisingly good (considering they're a drug store).

Miami, Fl
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery Stores Near the Kaanapali Villas

Thanks for all your help. I ended up taking the Trolley to Whaler's and then the Maui Bus to the Safeway at the Cannery Mall. I found all I needed there. Thanks again.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery Stores Near the Kaanapali Villas

There is a mini store with liquor in your lobby too.

8. Re: Grocery Stores Near the Kaanapali Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 19:17