We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Timeshare Presentations

Seattle
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Timeshare Presentations

We are going to Maui in April and wanted to know if timeshares offer presentations. We are willing to sit through a presentation if we can get some sort of gift for it like an excursion or something like that. We have done this in Cancun and it was worth the 2 hours we gave up.

11. Re: Maui Timeshare Presentations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2013, 19:27
Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Maui Timeshare Presentations

One time. One time only. When the 1st closer complimented me on my tan I swear I almost decked him.

Don't waste your time.

Alpine, Utah
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Maui Timeshare Presentations

Times have changed somewhat. 20 years ago, we actually received a free 7-night stay through the timeshare system after we went to a presentation on Kauai. We used it to go to Disneyworld the next winter. 10 years ago we received a three night stay and a $100 Nordstrom gift card for attending a presentation in Park City, Utah. Those were worth the time they took, but nowadays, I wouldn't do it either--not for $100.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Maui Timeshare Presentations

The person who books your presentation time gets an average $100 referral fee. They usually get a bonus if you buy. So you will find lots of places that will offer to book you a timeshare presentation.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
369 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Maui Timeshare Presentations

We've done a few timeshare presentations in the past and we actually bought one on Cape Cod about 10 years ago. Not so sure it was a great decision, but we're trading it for a week in Napili in March.

We've done a few timeshare presentations since then and I always tell the salesperson right away that we already have one we want to sell.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,127 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Maui Timeshare Presentations

We've been Worldmark owners for 10-plus years and have enough credits (most bought on the open market) to take about 6 weeks "free" vacations each year. We can also book through RCI for very cheap prices, so we have no reason to consider buying into another timeshare company.

That said, we occasionally will go to presentations solely for the freebies and have no trouble saying "no." A few years back, we had several free days with nothing to do, so we spent one full day (about 6 hours total) going to 3 different sales pitches, Westin Villas, Marriott and one other I don't recall. We wound up with $400 worth of tours and dining vouchers -- and the one place I don't recall gave us $150 cash. Three crisp 50 dollar bills. Also validated our parking in Lahaina. Sweet!

Calgary
Level Contributor
495 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Maui Timeshare Presentations

There are lots of booths on Front Street in Lahaina. They offer all kinds of tours and trips at "discount" rates. We looked at one and I straight up asked if we'd have to go to a time share presentation and he said yes. I don't know which timeshares they are selling but they are there.

We also stayed at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort. I bought the week from a timeshare owner, so they thought I was an owner and never bugged us to do a tour. We talked to lots of owners and we got the week for the cost of the maintainance fee. There were owners there who were desperate to find people to take their weeks because you have to pay even if you don't use your week.

Wow only 2 hours! I'm impressed, we did one in Cancun and it was an all day affair. We only did it because my friends hubby had gotten the hotel we were in for 1/2 price, so it was a prerequisite.

I actually had fun with the sales guys, asking them to prove their math to me and then showing them how wrong it was. Them saying how much use we'd get out of it and me saying I can book alot of AIs for that price too. $40K + yearly maintainance fees buys alot of AI trips!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Maui Timeshare Presentations

We went to Kauai two years ago who have a timeshare at the Marriott in Lihue. The recommended us for a timeshare presentation and we got 5 nights at the resort for $350 and two hours of our time. We went into it knowing we would not by and did not buy. It was worth it to us.

We combined those five days with a week at A Bellows AFB cottage that we shared with my sister for $65//night, or $32.50/ night per couple. We used miles for our plane tickets so got a very inexpensive HI vacation,

Ontario
Level Contributor
831 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Maui Timeshare Presentations

Last year we waited until a day when it was really pouring raing: then we went to a Boss Frogs and told them we would go to a presentation that day. They handed us $125 in cash and we did go that day. We were there 90 minutes and then they told us to leave! They had decided that we were not going to buy. They were right!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Maui Timeshare Presentations

Went to one today GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE is was wyndham absolutely awful

We had to sit threw the cheesiest presentation. They offered water, coffee, or biscuits

At some you get a real great breakfast this was super cheap we did get ticketzs valued at 200 dollars

I will never go to another the pushiest people in the world run time share sales.

Get answers to your questions about Lahaina
Recent Conversations