We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mama's Fish House or Paia Fish Market?

North Port, Florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Mama's Fish House or Paia Fish Market?

Planning a day on the north shore and want a nice lunch experiece. What would be the best choice? Money no onject.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
59,651 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mama's Fish House or Paia Fish Market?

Aloha,

Papaya to mango! The Fish Market is very casual and laid back, more a "joint"...........Mama's is horribly expensive, great views, good food.

North Port, Florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mama's Fish House or Paia Fish Market?

Heard the view is worth a million bucks at Mama's. Maybe lunch would not break the bank? Would I need a reservation for a late lunch?

Thanks,

Donna

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
59,651 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mama's Fish House or Paia Fish Market?

Aloha,

If you have drinks, plan on around 50.00 Per Person for lunch.

Yes, the setting is magnificent. Rezzies are always a good idea-esp. since I don't know what you mean by "late". If you're thinking 1 or so, that's not very late for lunches there.

An alternative is go there, have a drink and pupu, then cruise on down to Paia and grab something more substantial at Flatbread Co., the Fish Market, etc.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,740 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mama's Fish House or Paia Fish Market?

Lunch at Mama's is fantastic. I loved the food. It is very expensive but it's all relative!!!

North Port, Florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mama's Fish House or Paia Fish Market?

I figure the experience is worth it especially when I don't know when I'll get back there.

Thanks

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mama's Fish House or Paia Fish Market?

Had lunch at the Fish Market today....I highly recommend it, but very casual, and the place was mobbed. No seats and the line was almost out the door. Some people got tired of waiting & left. If money is no object, and you want a view, Momma's woud be the right choice. If not, get to the Fish Market early!

North Port, Florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mama's Fish House or Paia Fish Market?

Hi, thank you. Hate mobs !!!! Rather pay the bucks and see a nice view. Thanks for the info.

new hampshire
Level Contributor
456 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mama's Fish House or Paia Fish Market?

We did mamas for lunch for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It lived up to its hype, but with two drinks, one appetizer, two entrees and one dessert it was my most expensive lunch - ever.

but I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mama's Fish House or Paia Fish Market?

We ate at the Paia Fish Market 4 years ago. My old roommate recommended it. We were very pleased. Real good food reasonable priced.

We also heard Mama's was good. Were planning on stopping on the way back from Hana, but ended up do the full circle.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
525 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mama's Fish House or Paia Fish Market?

Since no one has mentioned it yet - yes, reservations are a good idea, even for a late lunch. We had a 2 pm reservation and the place was totally full.

The food was fantastic, service impeccable, view stunning. We almost went to the Fish Market on a different day, but couldn't stomach the crowd. Mama's is just so..... ahhhhhhhh.....

Get answers to your questions about Paia