We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nalu Kai Lodge - noise level

bedford
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nalu Kai Lodge - noise level

In the TA reviews this gets good reviews, but I was curious if anyone has stayed here recently and has any comments on the noise level. The website even talks about noise so I was curious HOW loud??? It would be a Friday night...just one night

recommend or not recommend??

3 replies to this topic
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nalu Kai Lodge - noise level

The web-site says it's on the corner of Hana Hwy. and Baldwin. Can't imagine staying anywhere near there!! Busiest place around with lots of traffic. Also no guarantee of parking.

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Nalu Kai Lodge - noise level

Aloha- We state there is noise because you are in downtown Paia and we can not control the road or business noises. We do have quiet hours at the lodge and this is by no means a party hotel. I live on the property and from about 8pm-6:30am is can be very peaceful. I hope this helps. If you are sensitive to noise and earplugs don't help then this is not the spot for you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
361 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nalu Kai Lodge - noise level

I have stayed here. You can hear your neighbor next door through the walls and yes you can hear the Hana Hwy street traffic. It was a cute lodge, but no air conditioning and it was hot in the room at night! Not really private. Our room was very small, but we enjoyed the outdoor hammock area. Parking is a real problem for this lodge. They only have about 4 spots and 2 are on the street. Personally I probably wouldn't recommend it unless you are very young or don't care about your lodging, just want a room in Maui.

Reply to: Nalu Kai Lodge - noise level
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paia