We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have just one evening

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minot, North Dakota
Level Contributor
13 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Have just one evening

My husband and I are spending one evening in Bar Harbor on our way to P.E.I. We will probably arrive around 5:00pm. After a day of driving, we'd like to go for a nice walk and also have a good dinner. Lobster would be great, though we don't want to spend more than $15 per person. I'd appreciate any ideas on where to walk and where to get dinner. Thanks!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have just one evening

If I only had one night in Bar Harbor, I would walk along the Shore Path from the town pier to Wayman Lane (less than a mile), then I would follow Wayman Lane back down to Main Street, take a right and window shop down Main Street. If you time it right, you can have dinner at Poor Boy Gourmet (about a block from Wayman and Main Street). She offers many different lobster dinners and at an affordable price. There's also an early bird special that includes appetizer, lobster dinner, and brownie a la mode for desert. After dinner, walk down Main Street, and then finish the day with an ice cream from Ben and Bill's Chocolate Emporium.

Wabash, Indiana
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have just one evening

If you decide on Poor Boy's Gourmet, get a reservation because it is a popular place. We got there without a reservation around 7:00 p.m. (this was in July) and the wait was an hour and a half.

3. Re: Have just one evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 21:16