We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cider

Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
cider

Do any of the Irish Bars stock bottled Magners cider, or any other cider for that matter? Cheers.

10 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
283 reviews
1. Re: cider

I've never heard of Magners cider. Is that alcoholic? Bars usually carry some type of alcoholic cider around here, wood chuck cider I've seen in most. You posted in the Quincy forum is that where you're going? I'd do a google search of some Quincy bars and then give them a call or email.

Level Contributor
913 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: cider

Cagneys in Quincy has Magners cider

http://cagneysquincy.com/

I believe someone told me the Irish pub on Billings Rd in N Quincy does also

Fat Cat also seems to have magners

http://www.fatcatrestaurant.com/contact.html

Edited: 31 January 2016, 17:17
Level Contributor
913 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: cider

Fat Cat does list Magners on their beer list but not sure if I'd call it an Irish bar but they do have very good food also (huge portions ) and it is a small place very worth a try IMO ( one of my favorite places in Quincy )

Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: cider

Thanks guys, good to know

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: cider

Magners is pretty common on tap and in bottle at the local Irish joints.

Edited: 07 February 2016, 12:36
Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: cider

There's also a very good local cider called Downeast, brewed in Charlestown MA that you should try if you're a cider fan.

Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: cider

Thanks, I'm from Somerset, England where real good cider is from so it's nice to know where to get one once I've had enough of the beer, cheers.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
60 reviews
8. Re: cider

Downeast is my favorite local cider! It's unfiltered I think and has that cloudy, full flavor. Far From the Tree cider is from Salem and is also lovely, but far more dry. Their Saison cider is even a little sour if you like that style.

Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: cider

Check out Burrow Hill Cider Suzabanana, it's made close to me, good stuff.

belfast
Level Contributor
98 posts
10. Re: cider

Bulmers and Magners are the same drink only in Ireland is it called Magners. I know most of the pubs have it Paddy Barrys and the Goalpost Bar & Grill.

Reply to: cider
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Quincy