We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from SF Airport 10 People

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from SF Airport 10 People

We will arrive at SF airport on Friday 7th Oct what would be the cheapest way to get to our rental house at 94115 for 10 people and luggage. I've tried a couple of shuttle services but most only have 9 seaters. What would 2 taxi cost approx.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,289 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from SF Airport 10 People

Two cabs (van type) should cost you around $50 plus incl tip

Edited: 24 September 2011, 00:42
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from SF Airport 10 People

$50 each.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from SF Airport 10 People

94115 is Pacific Heights/Cow Hollow. Depending upon where in the zip code you're located, it might be as little as $40. But I agree with above, no more than $50.

And in case you were thinking it might be cheaper to have 9 people take a van and have one take BART + cab, I don't think it would be much of a savings. If I recall chartering a van is about $70-75. BART + cab will be about $18-22. Really not much difference between the two.

--
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from SF Airport 10 People

1. What shuttle services did you try? A quick check of SFO's shuttle van listings flysfo.com/web/…dtd.html found at least two companies, one of which is a popular recommendation in this forum, which offers group services for up to 11 passengers.

2. If you REALLY have struck out on shuttle operators, the next step up would be a charter operator. The SFO website has a listing of some opertors at flysfo.com/web/… . You'll want to make sure you "right size" your transportation to your destination, so as not to completely frost your temporary neighbors with your charter operator temporarily blocking the street with their vehicle, particularly noting that short term group rentals of houses (and even the "AirBnB" and "VBRO" type setups) are technically illegal in San Francisco and many other major metropolitan cities (NYC is supposed to be stringent in their enforcement) baycitizen.org/housing/… .

3. Unless you've packed really light, I significantly doubt you'll be able to make it in two taxis. The "van type cabs" which are frequently recommended in this forum are largely composed of Dodge (Grand)Caravans/Chrysler Town & Country with a random Toyota or Nissan tossed into the mix. The seating in the Dodge/Chrysler "vans" is 2/2/3, but if you use all three rows of seats you're left with a measly 60 cubic feet of space to stow all your luggage. There's some creative ways to deal with this but I question whether the drivers or the taxi starter at the airport will have the patience with a group which was such a logical candidate for some larger form of transportation. They'll be far more likely to tell you you need 3 cabs.

Edited: 24 September 2011, 11:58
5. Re: Transport from SF Airport 10 People

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 19:19