We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Shuttle

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
33 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Shuttle

Can anyone recommend a good relable shared shuttle bus company to take us from the Beresford Arms Hotel, to San Francisco airport? A lot to choose from and some bad reviews.

Many thanks

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Shuttle

IF that's your chosen mode of transit, Lorrie's is an acceptable option. http://www.gosfovan.com/

I would only use a shuttle if you are unable to walk the 7 blocks from your hotel to the BART station at Powell & Market. It's cheaper and faster.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,143 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Shuttle

I would think your hotel could recommend a reliable option for you. I don't think it's necessary to book before you arrive.

Corona del Mar, CA
Level Contributor
50,231 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Shuttle

How many people? A cab can be cost effective for two or more people and BART is great too if you don't have a lot of luggage.

Even if you do have a lot of luggage I might still take BART to the Embarcadero (by the Hyatt Regency) and grab a cab there to get to your hotel.

Manchester
Level Contributor
33 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Shuttle

Thanks but Iv'e read its cheaper if you book before hand. theres two people going from hotel to airport.

Edited: 10 August 2012, 02:52
--
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Shuttle

At $44, before factoring in traffic delays or tip, for two people you haven't hit the dollar cost break-even point for a taxi compared to a shuttle service even if you were to make the mistake of paying full price for a shuttle. If there's no physical conditions that preclude it or astronomical piles of luggage, my vote would be to walk to BART and then BART to the airport.

Manchester
Level Contributor
33 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Shuttle

Two senior citizens. Conveiniance without hassle.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Shuttle

We recently stayed at the Hilton Financial District, and a shared shuttle arranged by the hotel would have been about $35 for two people. We opted for a private Town Car and driver for just over $50. Hotel suggested booking the night before. I'd ask your hotel for suggestions. My wife didn't want to take the BART option due to luggage. I think luggage is more of a factor for some than whether they are physically capable of walking a few blocks.

Edited: 18 August 2012, 08:35
Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Shuttle

I would also recommend Lorrie's. We booked from the travel desk at hotel (Chancellor). Much less hassle than carting luggage about.

9. Re: Airport Shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 10:16