We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking trails good for dogs

USA
Level Contributor
322 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
hiking trails good for dogs

Hi all..was wondering about everyone's favorite trails to hike with dogs..we have two large dogs, staying at Cabins of Asheville in Candler..maybe a waterfall hike as well..any opinions?? greatly appreciated...

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hiking trails good for dogs

Do you want to hike near your cabin or near Asheville. Cabins of Aseville are in a remote area near the BRP. I have not been there but I'm sure there are nice trails near your cabin. I would contact the company and inquire about hiking near your cabin. You can most likely walk out the door and take off.

Willow Winds has some nice cabins near Asheville too. They are just a short drive from downtown. Enjoy your visit.

USA
Level Contributor
322 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hiking trails good for dogs

We will do some near our cabin, but would also like to go to Gorges Park for some waterfalls, and are willing to drive for a good hiking trail for dogs..the Willow Winds cabins look really nice, but when I called them, they told me they don't take dogs..

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hiking trails good for dogs

Gorges State Park has wonderful waterfalls - enjoy the hike. We enjoy hiking at the Graveyard Fields area along the Parkway - hike to waterfalls or take the Art Loeb Trail (access is close to the Graveyard Fields overlook) to some glorious mountaintop views! I guess I can't comment on whether your dogs would like the hikes - every dog is a little bit different.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hiking trails good for dogs

Hi there,

The Asheville CVB here. I've taken my dogs to Black Balsam, Rattlesnake Lodge and Max Patch. All offer nice views of the mountains. There's also the Mountains to Sea trail which is popular. You can park at the Folk Art Center on the Parkway and find access to a trail head.

Waterfalls are all over the area. Here's a list of some popular spots... exploreasheville.com/things-to-do/…

Have fun!

5. Re: hiking trails good for dogs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 05:24